Poll - Does Arguing Religions or Atheism have any place on Chesstalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Does Arguing Religions or Atheism have any place on Chesstalk?

A simple question to see if people believe that arguing over theology has any place on Chesstalk.
    No, I do not think religion or atheism should be argued on Chesstalk.
    81.25%
    Yes, I think religion or aetheism should be argued on Chesstalk.
    18.75%
    I think only religion and not atheism should be argued on Chesstalk.
    0.00%
    I think only aetheism and not religion should be discussed on Chesstalk.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Poll - Does Arguing Religions or Atheism have any place on Chesstalk?

No.

Chesstalk is the name of this forum. We talk about chess.

Comment

I agree Andy. I would just hope this means that insults of any religion or even of atheism cease. So I voted "no" to start things off. I shouldn't have to see my beliefs mocked on a chess site and have to defend them.

Comment

All Religions, Beliefs, and Etc. must be mocked equally.:)

Comment

Caïssa, goddess of chess, wherefore art thou?

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I don't think that arguing over theology should have a place on Chesstalk, but as can be seen from a cursory glance at the threads on Chesstalk, there are a large number of threads, including some of the lengthiest ones, which have practically nothing to do with chess whatsoever. Based on that, I would have to say that there is a place on Chesstalk for arguing religious issues, as there is plenty of scope for arguing political issues, and I cannot fathom how in today's global political climate you can have one without having the other.

Comment

Originally posted by David Gordon View Post
              All Religions, Beliefs, and Etc. must be mocked equally.:)

Ahhhh.... you are a member of the Church of Mockerology. The canon of this church is very laughingly strict: jokes against any belief system including Mockerology must be measured precisely by a language-parsing computer running Windows Mock 10 on an Intel j7 cpu (the "j" stands for "joke") with at least 64 Gigglebytes of RAM (Random Access Mockery).

The jokes must be re-worded until they each measure precisely 42.

There's the famous story of Rodney Dangerfield's wife being kidnapped by church members. They cut off her thumb and mailed it to him demanding ransom.

Rodney responded that he needed more proof.
              Last edited by Paul Bonham; Monday, 22nd May, 2017, 01:49 AM.
              Only the rushing is heard...
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

There's a lot of stuff posted that doesn't belong here. However, the owner provides direction to the mod(s) as to what is permissible and, since just about nothing is purged, everything is fair game.

All I can suggest is not to respond.

Comment

Imagine if you learned how to spell atheism. That'd sure be neat. You'd almost be like an adult.
                  everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Working...
                  X