Raja Panjwani writes his first chess book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raja Panjwani writes his first chess book!

From Thinkers Publishing "The Hyper Accelerated Dragon" by IM Raja Panjwani

From the back cover: Raja Panjwani is a Canadian International Master with one Grandmaster norm. He is a former Canadian Junior Champion, and has represented Canada at numerous World Youth and Junior events. Raja is currently a doctoral student at New York University, with degrees as well from Oxford and Yale.

In this book Raja presents the Hyper Accelerated Dragon. He demonstrates from the second move a dynamic way to fight 1.e4. He covers all of White's main variations and sidelines and even the most critical 'Mararoczy bind' gets a new treatment. Raja's book is recommended for all players that are eager to enter the critical lines in this exciting Sicilian.

The book will be available later today at our website: www.strategygames.ca

It will be available in our Montreal store this afternoon and in Toronto and Ottawa by Friday.

Larry

Re: Raja Panjwani writes his first chess book!

New in Chess reports that The Hyper Accelerated Dragon is currently #4 on its best-seller list.

Comment

Congratulations Raja! How do you find the time?

Comment

Congratulations, Raja!! :)

I plan to buy a copy of this book, and the next time we are together, I will have to get you to autograph my copy!

I remember when I first started coaching you in early 2000, you were playing this line, taught to you by your father, Dr. Dilip Panjwani! You have certainly traveled a long way since then, with many fantastic chess achievements!!

Best wishes for the future, in chess, in your studies and career, and in everything else!!

Cheers,
        Frank Dixon
        Kingston

Comment

Good stuff Raja!

Hopefully your efforts will inspire others to also pull together their notes and do the same!! Either self-publish (which is crazy easy to do, even in really small quantities) or have their work published thru a publishing house.

Comment

According to a note to Raja from the House of Staunton and US Chess Sales: "Just wanted to let you know that your new book is selling insanely well. It's the second fastest selling book of the year for us, only behind the Signed Kasparov books. Just thought you'd want to know :)"
            Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Thursday, 25th May, 2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Now available on-line from Strategy Games: http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...N&code=OSIA147

Comment

I bought one on Sunday from Strategy Games in Ottawa.

You can read my review and enjoy a playable excerpt on the CFC Newsfeed:

http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/963

Comment

www.chessdirect.co.uk
                  The book makes it to #1 in this best-seller list...

Comment

I doubt if that list is by ranking. I can't see how "Swiss pairing cards" would rank amongst their top sellers. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X