Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarborough Chess Club: SCC Championships Rd.8 Results

Greetings,

Posted on SCC's Facebook page are the Results of Rd.8 (Final round) of the SCC Championships:

https://www.facebook.com/ScarboroughChessClub/

For info about our Club, please visit: http://www.scarboroughchessclub.ca

The Summer Swiss is starting next week,June 1st, and we ask that you register right away to avoid not being paired for the 1st Round.
    The Spring into Summer Swiss will have 3 sections 1800+,U1800 & U1400.

New members are always welcome, sign up coming Thursday and start Winning!!
    Don't delay register right away.

Omar Shah
    SCC President
    Last edited by Omar Shah; Friday, 26th May, 2017, 12:00 AM.

Re: Scarborough Chess Club: SCC Championships Rd.8 Results

Thanks Omar (and the rest of the SCC) for another fun tnmt.

Comment

Hi Omar,

Looks like you're doing a fantastic job. I have a request that I don't think will take too much of your time. When you do these chesstalk postings could you please mention one player each time, perhaps a leader or someone scoring well above their rating. This will make your posts less robotic.

Comment

Hi Erik,
        Thank you for the compliment and feedback,I'll try to accommodate it. Currently,just have too many things on my plate to make time to customize each post. The main reason I even post here to to direct traffic to our facebook page which caters to a "Chess Coach" who wants to see the results pronto.

Best Regards,
        Omar Shah

Comment

Why not post a link to the SCC web page which has up to date crosstables of the current tournament. A photo of the wallchart gives no indication of anyone's cumulative score.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Shah View Post
            Hi Erik,
            Thank you for the compliment and feedback,I'll try to accommodate it. Currently,just have too many things on my plate to make time to customize each post. The main reason I even post here to to direct traffic to our facebook page which caters to a "Chess Coach" who wants to see the results pronto.

Best Regards,
            Omar Shah
            And... not everyone is on Facebook or has interest in going there...
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Hugh,
              The crosstables on the SCC website aren't updated right away,it takes a few days. Members are mainly interested in what happened in the last round. Anyhow, in the future I'll add the link to the crosstables we have so far.

Thanks,
              Omar

Comment

Hi Kerry,
                One doesn't have to be a member of Facebook to see our posts, it is open to all. I myself am not a big fan of Facebook nor use it regularly, but, it is a mode of information a few people use nowadays. So we try to accommodate those few that so use it.

Omar

Comment

Omar - is your pairing software capable of printing pairings with their accumulated scores attached? Then it's easy to add the 1, 1/2, or 0 t o that score to get their post-round total points.

Comment

Working...
                  X