2017 Aurora Summer Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Aurora Summer Open

A person is looking for a ride from Toronto and back.

Comment

I'm driving from Toronto but I'll ask for a bye point for round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Guillermo Mansilla View Post
        I'm driving from Toronto but I'll ask for a bye point for round 3.
        Thnx, Guillermo.

The updated list has 72 players. Open with 5 players now.

Details of the tournament - http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-..._aurora_summer

Saturday night or Sunday the entry will increase!!!

Comment

The last update before the weekend: 93 players; Healthy Open section with 10 players including IM Kaiqi Yang and FM Yuanchen Zhang. Looking into FIDE FEDs - the tournament is an international one :)

Players list - http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...tered-players/
          Includes CFC membership expiry (if it's red or less than 2017-08-01 please renew your membership or purchase Tournament CFC membership online); FIDE # with a link to ID and FIDE ratings for Open and U2000 sections.
          Please review Byes too.

There will be changes in fees on Sunday.
          Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Friday, 21st July, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Short of one player for 100.

Updated CFC ratings http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...tered-players/

Comment

10 new players:

Open Eugene Hua 2346
              Open Viatcheslav (Slava) Rek 2286
              Open Brian Profit 2050
              U2000 Henry Liu 1530
              U1600 Gary Hua 1542
              U1600 Michelle Hua 1425
              U1300 Bruce Cao 1200
              U1300 Jett Lai 881
              U900 Angela Cao 822
              U900 Truong Cat Tuong 0

The main list will be update probably only on Monday.

Comment

There were 3 more players registering overnight.

One answer to several people:
                We've received a request from a player to play in Open whose the CFC rating now is bellow the limit. However, he had/have the FIDE rating above the limit. Due to federation/countries change his former rating was somehow missed. He is working with the CFC & FIDE to fix that.

Comment

114 registered now, probably won't update the registration list until late Sunday or Monday.

Comment

Our maximum capacity is 130, we're at 115 right now.

Comment

We are almost sold out, 122 registered now.

Comment

That's it folks... we can't take anymore registrations at the moment.

Comment

If anyone wants to register let us know, there may be a cancellation or two.

Comment

What a weekend!!! :) I wish my fishing was as good as the inflow of the registering players. Looks like we will have the largest tournament ever with more than 130 players in Aurora. (Our record was 125.) With three IMs and two FMs Open section looks very strong too.

Updated list has 133 players: http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...tered-players/

Players - please update your CFC memberships ( "pending membership")

If you need a bye - let us know in advance, especially if it is for Round 1.

Reminder - Registration is closed

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                              What a weekend!!! :) I wish my fishing was as good as the inflow of the registering players. Looks like we will have the largest tournament ever with more than 130 players in Aurora. (Our record was 125.) With three IMs and two FMs Open section looks very strong too.

Updated list has 133 players: http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...tered-players/

Players - please update your CFC memberships ( "pending membership")

If you need a bye - let us know in advance, especially if it is for Round 1.

Reminder - Registration is closed
                              Congrads to all you guys - You've turned Aurora into a major regional chess centre in the GTA, much the way Kitchener and Guelph have done so for Southwestern Ontario!

I wish I could play, but will be out of town.

But I have your fall tournament in my calendar already.........now to protect the Sat./Sun (sigh).

Bob A

Comment

[QUOTE=Egidijus Zeromskis;115734]What a weekend!!! :) I wish my fishing was as good as the inflow of the registering players. Looks like we will have the largest tournament ever with more than 130 players in Aurora. (Our record was 125.) With three IMs and two FMs Open section looks very strong too.

" Time to look at bigger location for 2018 to fit in 200 players.

As always Aurora organizers strive to provide the best for the players.

A very good sign for chess players of all levels
                                :) "

Comment

Working...
                                X