Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Aurora Summer Open

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
    " Time to look at bigger location for 2018 to fit in 200 players.

As always Aurora organizers strive to provide the best for the players.

A very good sign for chess players of all levels
    :) "
    We've looked around and even out of town, found one potential good. We've book a Legion location for 2018 already :) But only Spring and Fall. Summer - under a big question now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Congrads to all you guys - You've turned Aurora into a major regional chess centre in the GTA, much the way Kitchener and Guelph have done so for Southwestern Ontario!

I wish I could play, but will be out of town.

But I have your fall tournament in my calendar already.........now to protect the Sat./Sun (sigh).

Bob A
      Thnx Bob. See you in Fall then :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        We've looked around and even out of town, found one potential good. We've book a Legion location for 2018 already :) But only Spring and Fall. Summer - under a big question now.
        An Aurora International Chess Champioship maybe?? Sometime in the summer creating a tour of the Canadian Open, the Quebec Open, The Sault Ste. Marie International Chess Championship and the Aurora International Chess Championship.

There is nothing to attract foreign GM's like a tour of tournaments close together - a 2018 Canadian Summer Grand Prix!!

Just dreaming, of course..........

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          An Aurora International Chess Champioship maybe?? Sometime in the summer creating a tour of the Canadian Open, the Quebec Open, The Sault Ste. Marie International Chess Championship and the Aurora International Chess Championship.
          Maybe LOL

Updated the list with renewed membership and requested byes (a link http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...tered-players/ )

A hope who are on the waiting list - we should visit the site Thursday and decide if we can add more boards.

Comment

Update with fresh ratings. Thnx to those who updated their memberships. Still some time left to do it online.

For players on a waiting list - please be prepared. We should visit the site tonight and see how more we can squeeze.

Comment

If anybody who still eager to play, could wait on a waiting, and could do payment on a short notice, please go to http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...aurora_summer/
              and the bottom of the page enter your information. Please write a right email to contact you. When we will finalize number of players, you shall receive further instructions.

We would like to have as many players as possible without sacrificing quality of tournament thus not all might be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                If anybody who still eager to play, could wait on a waiting, and could do payment on a short notice, please go to http://www.aucc.club/aurora-weekend-...aurora_summer/
                and the bottom of the page enter your information. Please write a right email to contact you. When we will finalize number of players, you shall receive further instructions.

We would like to have as many players as possible without sacrificing quality of tournament thus not all might be accepted.
                There might be a couple or more late registrations today but your pre-registration lists have equal or surpassed the 2017 Canadian Open Chess Championship. http://www.chess-results.com/fed.aspx?lan=1&fed=CAN. I noticed that the Guelph Pro-Am has similar sections and attracted a continuous number of record attendances. I wish your team continued success! I guess that's the way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand Supsup View Post
                  I noticed that the Guelph Pro-Am has similar sections and attracted a continuous number of record attendances. I wish your team continued success! I guess that's the way to go...
                  Thnx for wishes :)

Yes, we're still adding players.

We started with only three sections five years ago. There were too many players in the lowest section to deal, and we started to divide it: U1600 -> U1600 + U1300, and now +U900. Though I would like to split the Open in future LOL

We're preparing files for pairings. Tournament results will be posted at http://www.chess-results.com/tnr294195.aspx?lan=1
                  You can see that links to all sections are there.

Players, please update your membership and bring some prove that you did it.

Comment

Working...
                  X