Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    On July 10, 2017, Warren Buffett donated 3.17 billion dollars to charity. For over a decade Buffett has been donating 1+ billion dollars per year to charity. Now that's impressive! Trump's donation of $1,000,000 was, proportionately, the equivalent of a person with a net worth of $10,000 donating $2.86. Every little bit helps. All I'm saying is keep a sense of perspective regarding your racist, misogynistic, homophobic hero.
    He's not my hero. I don't have one. Even if I had to choose one I couldn't. Although now that you bring up the 'matter', I could combine a bunch of people into one 'entity' that would be my hero.

Anyways, your kind, Peter, will NEVER have a platform because your kind doesn't have an original message to run on. That's why your kind lost! So keep on belittling the good work of others!

That's all your kind has left to do.

Good luck in 2018.
    Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 1st September, 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
      He's not my hero. I don't have one. Even if I had to chose one I couldn't. Although now that you bring up the 'matter', I could combine a bunch of people into one 'entity' that would be my hero.

Anyways, your kind, Peter, will NEVER have a platform because your kind doesn't have an original message to run on. That's why your kind lost! So keep on belittling the good work of others!

That's all your kind has left to do.

Good luck in 2018.

If I may be so bold, I think if Peter had a single message to "run on" it would be very simple: Love trumps hate.

Much superior to your message of "American individualism".... a euphemism for all kinds of immoral activity in the name of greed.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        If I may be so bold, I think if Peter had a single message to "run on" it would be very simple: Love trumps hate.

Much superior to your message of "American individualism".... a euphemism for all kinds of immoral activity in the name of greed.
        It's also a euphemism for all things great about America ... no doubt about that. The American dream is still very much alive. And any Individual can STILL create their own wealth. Whether or not they can hold on to that wealth is another 'matter'. I'm very keen on seeing the details of Trump tax plan.

At any rate at least that message is a learned lesson. Trump played the haters ... and continues to play the haters. Dems with a positive message + getting out the vote should be enough to give Trump a run for his 'money' in 2018.

Comment

Trump personally pledging $1 million of his own money to hurricane Harvey relief!
          Why didn't he just write out a cheque?
          Trump has a history of reneging on charitable pledges.
          Even if he does follow up with the cash, so what?
          The Trump budget proposes to cut $1 billion from FEMA budget.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRcEr7grzdU

Trump is a terrible President, an absolute disgrace.

Comment

It's also a euphemism for all things great about America ... no doubt about that. The American dream is still very much alive. And any Individual can STILL create their own wealth. Whether or not they can hold on to that wealth is another 'matter'. I'm very keen on seeing the details of Trump tax plan.

At any rate at least that message is a learned lesson. Trump played the haters ... and continues to play the haters. Dems with a positive message + getting out the vote should be enough to give Trump a run for his 'money' in 2018.

".... create their own wealth" ....... what global warming and Hurricane Hugo cum Katrina cum Rita cum Andrew cum Sandy cum Harvey is teaching America is that wealth needs to be redefined. All that Chinese crap floating down Buffalo Bayou..... that's not wealth. Strangers rescuing strangers.... that's wealth.
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Trump is a terrible President, an absolute disgrace.
              By what metric?

By the metric of personal generosity whilst in office he is the greatest president of all time. By unemployment metric he is better than the previous two. By fewer people on food stamps better again! Perhaps wealth created in 401ks with record high stock markets? That's a lot of money for a lot of folks! Again, better! Deregulation since Reagan? As an example ... pipeline that benefits Canada too? Perhaps bringing back new billion dollar auto plants? Border security?

Want me to go on???

By what metric is he a terrible president? Oh I know, by the Bob G., Peter McKillop, Paul Bonham metric. Yeppers, you got me there! He might not ever be canonized.

This is too much fun!

Which US president has given 1 million dollars of his own money to help those in need???

Who?

Class dismissed.
              Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 1st September, 2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Which US president has given 1 million dollars of his own money to help those in need???

Who?

Class dismissed.
                https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...=Mark+12:41-44

Comment

He's not my hero. ...
                  Bull!! The way you yak on about him, you're like a little schoolgirl bubbling on about Taylor Swift.
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters that President Trump would donate $1 million of his “personal money” to Hurricane Harvey victims. But on Friday, she wasn’t so sure.

Asked by a reporter if she knew whether Trump’s donation would be “coming from his own money or from the Trump Foundation,” Sanders dodged.

“I haven’t had a chance to do that,” she said, suggesting she hadn’t yet had a chance to ask the president where the money would be coming from.
                    During the campaign, reporting by the Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold and others demonstrated that Trump treated his foundation — which he hadn’t personally donated to since 2008 — like a personal expense account. Trump was also shown to have repeatedly exaggerated his giving.
                    The Smoking Gun dubbed Trump “The .00013% Man” for his “paltry” charitable giving. During Trump’s Apprentice days, donations he claimed would be coming out of his own pocket were in fact made by his foundation.

If Trump does indeed donate his “personal money” to Harvey victims, it’d represent a break from the pattern he established since the time of his last donation to the Trump Foundation in 2008. As Fahrenthold reported just days before the election, Trump’s “personal giving has almost disappeared entirely in recent years.”

“After calling 420-plus charities with some connection to Trump, The Post found only one personal gift from Trump between 2008 and the spring of this year,” Fahrenthold added. “That was a gift to the Police Athletic League of New York City, in 2009. It was worth less than $10,000.”
                    MAGA! JOBS! STOCK MARKET RECORD HIGHS!

https://thinkprogress.org/white-hous...1cf5e6dd6/amp/

Comment

Kudos for a fantastic reply to Neil.

Neil is focused on absolute money amounts. He doesn't understand relativity, i.e. that a million dollars to Trump is like 2 bucks to the vast majority of America.

Neil is not making any headway in influencing CFC membership to his views, and his support of Trump and his reasoning for that is only hurting his overall goals.
                      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                        "..... Strangers rescuing strangers.... that's wealth.
                        Absolutely bang on, Paul!!
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Someone called Edwin Castro writes:

No president can do everything right. The job is just too big for any one person to handle. Trump's anger, his vindictiveness, his jealousy and sheer sense of malice only makes his predecessors look better. Trump is too small, too petty for the job. I'm not talking hand size, I'm talking about spirit. Heart. He has none. That's the tragedy of this. America has survived 2 World Wars, slavery, domestic terrorism, riots, Jim Crow, McCarthyism, the Great Depression, the Great Recession, 9/11, assassinations, a civil war, Vietnam and Watergate but America could be brought down by Trump.

"Nobody knew health care was so complicated."
                          "I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me."
                          "When you're a star, they let you do it. Grab em by the p***y, you can do anything."
                          "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any votes."
                          “I know words. I have the best words.”

Trump is what happens when arrogance, incompetence, ignorance, bluster, and a lifelong lack of accountability, coupled with an endless series of enablers, gains power and we will all pay for it. A man like Donald Trump should never have made it this far. There is far more to being president than the title. A leader takes responsibility for their mistakes. A leader leads by example, not by meaningless, hollow words. A leader is someone who doesn't deceive, deflect and distract from the truth. A leader works to reduce people's suffering instead of intentionally inflicting it. A leader lifts people up instead of putting them down. A leader tries to unite people for the common good, rather than divide them with petty, hateful rhetoric. A leader has empathy and does not ridicule, disparage or humiliate others just to feed their own ego.

Donald Trump is not strong, noble, honest, honorable, humble, compassionate, generous, or caring. As a human being, he has none of these qualities and he never will. He isn’t capable of it. Donald Trump is an aberration. He may have the title but he should never be considered a leader. I disagreed with Obama on several issues but I genuinely believed he was trying to do good. He was a man. He was smart, compassionate, decent and utterly confident in himself and his abilities and it showed. I don't believe he did everything right. No politician can solve every problem they face in such a complex world. It’s impossible. I do think that he at least tried to leave the country better than he found it. You may disagree with that, that is entirely your right. Trump is the exact opposite and it is utterly demoralizing. I’m tired of feeling so tired.

I've no idea who Edwin Castro is.

Comment

In a democracy, people do not always get the government they need, but they always get the one they deserve.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, John.

Comment

A fun tweet to look back on: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...25268529815552

Comment

Working...
                                X