Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
    What's really sad is that this post got 11 replies today, while one encouraging people to post great moments in Canadian Chess got ZERO replies on our 150th birthday, as of 10:35PM.
    Unfortunately, all I could think of in the way of big Canadian Chess highlights was Yanofsky's old win over world champ Botvinnik (though I don't recall if Abe was from Canada at the time) plus Spraggett's 1988 Saint John match win again A. Sokolov (though these days K.S. may not be entirely popular with many chesstalk viewers & posters).

[edit: Yanofsky was indeed then Cdn, though he beat Botvinnik in 1946 before the latter was world champ. Found this on wikipedia this morning when I had time.]

The usual stuff going on, even today, in this Trump thread, may show that there's lots of bored shut-in chessplayers/fans this particular holiday. At least it's not Christmas Day. :)
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Sunday, 2nd July, 2017, 10:59 AM.
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
      What's really sad is that this post got 11 replies today, while one encouraging people to post great moments in Canadian Chess got ZERO replies on our 150th birthday, as of 10:35PM.

No.... what's REALLY sad is that the President of the CFC made hate speech comments here on ChessTalk, comments that were so bad that Larry Bevand (owner of ChessTalk) had to remove the entire thread once he was made aware of them because he knew that Drkulec's comments violated Canada's hate speech laws.....

....and that I made everyone here on ChessTalk aware of this and challenged voting members of the CFC to have Drkulec removed as President because he had stained the CFC with hatred, and that Garland Best who I believe is a voting member of the CFC chooses to do and say nothing about this and instead posts asking people to post great moments in Canadian Chess.

You get what you deserve.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        No doubt Lucas wss referring to what is expected to happen according to the calculations of the non- partisan Congressional Budget Office. If you have better figures, Neil, why don't you share them with us?
        Here's some 2015 figures for your 'cause', Peter:

CNN ... reports 307,000 vets died waiting to receive help from VA.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politi...ort/index.html

Fox ... reports 300,000 vets died waiting to receive help from VA.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...are-at-va.html

To you and your kind what's another 300,000 lives. Remind me again, where was your outrage on that? Point me to that link where you spoke out on their behalf, Peter.

Is it time for you and your kind to drop the act???

Trump's EO for his Vets:

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/3748...erans-affairs/

Contrast?

Have a nice day.
        Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 2nd July, 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Daswani
          1. I said a Republican politician bodyslammed a reporter who asked about healthcare.
          2. I asked whom a person would label as a fascist if they were afraid of losing healthcare.
          3. You responded with a link about Bill Clinton calling Obamacare "crazy," implying that such a person might label Bill Clinton as a fascist.

A. Do you agree with that basic rendering of the facts?

Let's revisit the first two things.

1. I said a Republican politician bodyslammed a reporter who asked about healthcare.
          2. I asked whom a person would label as a fascist if they were afraid of losing healthcare.
          B. Do you agree that I'm implying that such a person might label that Republican politician as a fascist?

Two yes-or-no questions: A and B. This should be simple and straightforward, right?

A. Do you agree with that basic rendering of the facts?
          No, these are not facts. These are new statements you have created to to support your contention that I can not read. I ask again, are you really as smart as you say you are?
          Point 1 I do not dispute that this occurred and do not condone any reporters being physically body slammed and consider this an isolated incident of bad behavior of an individual politician and not GOP policy.

Point 2 above references a person that is "afraid" of losing their healthcare, you then go on to state that you are implying that your first statement could be an example of such a person.
          Your actual post was more generalized and could refer to any person that would be part of a group of people who are going to actually lose their healthcare in the eventuality that Obamacare is repealed. If you meant to say something else then you should take the time to learn how to say what you mean.:D
          If you're a person who's going to lose healthcare if Obamacare is repealed, who do you see as the fucking fascist?
          I posted a link in response to your second sentence that states that even high profile Democrats like Bill Clinton have serious reservations about Obamacare. The point being are people losing their healthcare or regaining their freedom not to be forced into buying useless coverage at unaffordable prices?

In many states coverage has more then doubled in price that has deductibles that are so high that the so called coverage is useless. Under the Obama regime 10 percent of your income can be subjected to forfeiture if you do not buy useless coverage charged extortive prices by healthcare insurers.. To start with Obama claimed his system would allow people to keep whoever their current care providers are. Total lie. Calling Obamacare legitimate healthcare is like calling Madoff's ex investment fund a "safe investment" when in fact it was nothing more then a fraud. The main difference being that one had a choice about whether or not to invest their money with Madoff.
          So to answer your question about if I was a person who was going to lose my healthcare who would I see as the the "fucking fascist"? I absolutely would see Obama as the "fucking fascist"and nothing but a sucker who sold out the American people to the highly profitable and politically influential health insurers. Why?.. you may ask.... because under Obamacare chances are I would have effectively lost my coverage anyways as it is unaffordable and useless with its high deductibles and the reluctance of insurers to pay out any costs.

By the way according to the Antidefamation league as per Tom's Time magazine article he posted shows that the antisemitic Chicago incident with the LGBT is not isolated as you might like everyone to believe and in fact antisemitism is creeping into progressivism.
          http://time.com/4839592/anti-semitis...mation-league/
          Here is the New York LGBT protesting Jewish LGBT marchers celebrating Israel....disgusting, isn't it?
          http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/2362...-israel-parade
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 3rd July, 2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
            Here's some 2015 figures for your 'cause', Peter:

CNN ... reports 307,000 vets died waiting to receive help from VA.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politi...ort/index.html

Fox ... reports 300,000 vets died waiting to receive help from VA.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...are-at-va.html

To you and your kind what's another 300,000 lives. Remind me again, where was your outrage on that? Point me to that link where you spoke out on their behalf, Peter.

Is it time for you and your kind to drop the act???

Trump's EO for his Vets:

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/3748...erans-affairs/

Contrast?

Have a nice day.
            I don't believe that I have ever posted anything that would lead people to believe that I'm unsympathetic to the plights of the broken, the disadvantaged, and the marginalized in society. Go fuck yourself, asshole.
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Go fuck yourself, asshole.
              You're such a disappointment, Peter.
              Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 2nd July, 2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                You're such a disappointment, Peter.
                Neil, I found your post disappointing.
                Peter was asking a legitimate question, then you posted something completely off topic.
                Why? Just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  Neil, I found your post disappointing.
                  Peter was asking a legitimate question, then you posted something completely off topic.
                  Why? Just trolling.
                  Thanks, Bob, but it was wrong of me to say that to Neil. You'd think after all of these years I would have learned to not post when I'm angry. :(

Neil, I apologize. You didn't deserve it and I shouldn't have said it.
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Thanks, Bob, but it was wrong of me to say that to Neil. You'd think after all of these years I would have learned to not post when I'm angry. :(

Neil, I apologize. You didn't deserve it and I shouldn't have said it.
                    I'm truly impressed, and humbled, apology accepted thanks so much, Peter.

My post, re: Vets, was off topic (sorry about that) and not addressing your question about CBO's healthcare projected numbers ...I just don't have faith in those numbers as Sid has alluded.

And speaking of the numbers which can be easily reinterpreted ...

U.S. unemployment hits lowest level since 2001

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...at-4-4-percent

...with both the Dow and the S&P having a good day. Gold is sinking like a sunset ... I have a target I want it to drop down to and then I'm in for 50k!
                    Last edited by Neil Frarey; Monday, 3rd July, 2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                      No.... what's REALLY sad is that the President of the CFC made hate speech comments here on ChessTalk, comments that were so bad that Larry Bevand (owner of ChessTalk) had to remove the entire thread once he was made aware of them because he knew that Drkulec's comments violated Canada's hate speech laws.....
                      Paul Bonham along with Ben Daswani are the only people who I have noticed violating Canada's hate speech laws on chesstalk. Larry removed that thread at my request I suspect though the removal was delayed. Criticizing the demon possessed left is not hate speech. You should really have the reading comprehension to read the law which you quoted before making leaps of logic.

....and that I made everyone here on ChessTalk aware of this and challenged voting members of the CFC to have Drkulec removed as President because he had stained the CFC with hatred, and that Garland Best who I believe is a voting member of the CFC chooses to do and say nothing about this and instead posts asking people to post great moments in Canadian Chess.

You get what you deserve.
                      Is this your way of showing that you are whipped. You made threats. Empty threats, which no one responded to beyond suggesting that you get up off of your chair and act. I know that is alien to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        Paul Bonham along with Ben Daswani are the only people who I have noticed violating Canada's hate speech laws on chesstalk. Larry removed that thread at my request I suspect though the removal was delayed. Criticizing the demon possessed left is not hate speech. You should really have the reading comprehension to read the law which you quoted before making leaps of logic.
                        Larry did NOT remove the thread because of your request, he removed it because I pointed out it violated Canada's hate speech law, and I posted the exact clause it violated. The reason I know this is because in another thread, I repeated your actual statement, and Larry promptly removed that entire thread as well the very next day.

We aren't talking about your criticism of the left. We are talking about your assertion regarding atheists, a group identifiable by religion (not identifiable AS religion, identifiable BY religion which is what the law states.) The assertion you made was a false claim designed to incite hatred for atheists.

I am absolutely sure that if I repeated your comments here, Larry Bevand would delete this entire thread (or at least my post) as soon as he became aware of my doing that.

Is this your way of showing that you are whipped. You made threats. Empty threats, which no one responded to beyond suggesting that you get up off of your chair and act. I know that is alien to you.
                        I am happy to hear that is your thought process.
                        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

We aren't talking about your criticism of the left. We are talking about your assertion regarding atheists, a group identifiable by religion (not identifiable AS religion, identifiable BY religion which is what the law states.) The assertion you made was a false claim designed to incite hatred for atheists.
                          You are just silly. Whatever I said is protected speech based on my religious beliefs and on scripture. You would have to demonstrate that what I said was a false claim which you can't do.

On the other hand what you said about people with diabetes violates Canadian human rights law and also U.S. law specifically the Americans with Disabilities Act. Anyway the only reason that I even read your idiocy was because I read Chesstalk at the library on a public terminal where my ignore list was not being considered. I can't promise that I will read your reply.
                          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Tuesday, 4th July, 2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

You are just silly. Whatever I said is protected speech based on my religious beliefs and on scripture. You would have to demonstrate that what I said was a false claim which you can't do.

I guess you don't understand that in Canada, unlike the U.S., hate speech overrides protected speech. And the onus would be on you to prove that your claim is true.
                            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I guess you don't understand that in Canada, unlike the U.S., hate speech overrides protected speech. And the onus would be on you to prove that your claim is true.
                              Do your worst. I am not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                                No, these are not facts. These are new statements you have created to to support your contention that I can not read. I ask again, are you really as smart as you say you are?
                                Point 1 I do not dispute that this occurred and do not condone any reporters being physically body slammed and consider this an isolated incident of bad behavior of an individual politician and not GOP policy.

Point 2 above references a person that is "afraid" of losing their healthcare, you then go on to state that you are implying that your first statement could be an example of such a person.
                                Your actual post was more generalized and could refer to any person that would be part of a group of people who are going to actually lose their healthcare in the eventuality that Obamacare is repealed. If you meant to say something else then you should take the time to learn how to say what you mean.:D

I posted a link in response to your second sentence that states that even high profile Democrats like Bill Clinton have serious reservations about Obamacare. The point being are people losing their healthcare or regaining their freedom not to be forced into buying useless coverage at unaffordable prices?

In many states coverage has more then doubled in price that has deductibles that are so high that the so called coverage is useless. Under the Obama regime 10 percent of your income can be subjected to forfeiture if you do not buy useless coverage charged extortive prices by healthcare insurers.. To start with Obama claimed his system would allow people to keep whoever their current care providers are. Total lie. Calling Obamacare legitimate healthcare is like calling Madoff's ex investment fund a "safe investment" when in fact it was nothing more then a fraud. The main difference being that one had a choice about whether or not to invest their money with Madoff.
                                So to answer your question about if I was a person who was going to lose my healthcare who would I see as the the "fucking fascist"? I absolutely would see Obama as the "fucking fascist"and nothing but a sucker who sold out the American people to the highly profitable and politically influential health insurers. Why?.. you may ask.... because under Obamacare chances are I would have effectively lost my coverage anyways as it is unaffordable and useless with its high deductibles and the reluctance of insurers to pay out any costs.

By the way according to the Antidefamation league as per Tom's Time magazine article he posted shows that the antisemitic Chicago incident with the LGBT is not isolated as you might like everyone to believe and in fact antisemitism is creeping into progressivism.
                                http://time.com/4839592/anti-semitis...mation-league/
                                Here is the New York LGBT protesting Jewish LGBT marchers celebrating Israel....disgusting, isn't it?
                                http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/2362...-israel-parade
                                Wow, another fucking essay and you only managed to respond to one of my questions. We've got a God damn genius on our hands, folks.
                                everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Working...
                                X