Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    What Lucas ... is taken as implicit/tacit encouragement of white racism.
    Thanks for the lack of clarification, Peter.

And there it is again! Simply twisted!

You take what The Donald is NOT saying anyway a delusional mind wants to go with it!?

There's no end in sight ... to what he NOT saying.

But hey, just like daswani, the Dems have NO message. So of course they're going to jump on something Trump is NOT saying!!! They can't come up with anything fresh ...sigh.

It all makes sense ... right

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      Today a more direct condemnation of white supremecists and neo nazis was apparently forthcoming from the president.
      Sid, you must be referring to the subsequent statement from the white house. It was issued from an anonymous white house spokesperson which tells us nobody had the balls to potentially offend Trump. This certainly goes in the "too little too late" column.

Maybe Trump will do better today. But I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Some fun political humour for EVERYONE to enjoy: http://i.imgur.com/NXTM49S.png

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey
          Fair warning, Paul.

Rein in your insults.
          You and the current CFC President have made yourself look ignorant in these Trump threads. We all live in Canada where Trump has a 13% approval rating and from a distance most Canadians can see the US circus for what it is. You however don't seem able to grasp this or why Trump has been a complete failure so far. You throw out slogans and themes when the US is literally falling apart right now. One really has to ask what the hell you are doing in Ottawa when the great Trump revolution you believe in exists in the US not here.
          Last edited by Duncan Smith; Tuesday, 15th August, 2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Seth Meyer's on Trump
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ShTR9VtfjI

After the disgusting display by Trump this weekend in response to the Charlottesville terror attack by White Supremists, I hope there will not be any more Pro Trump comments on chess talk.
            Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 15th August, 2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
              You and the current CFC President have made yourself look ignorant in these Trump threads. We all live in Canada where Trump has a 13% approval rating and from a distance most Canadians can see the US circus for what it is. You however don't seem able to grasp this or why Trump has been a complete failure so far. You throw out slogans and themes when the US is literally falling apart right now. One really has to ask what the hell you are doing in Ottawa when the great Trump revolution you believe in exists in the US not here.
              The ones who look ignorant are the Trump haters and bashers as the U.S. economy heads towards zero unemployment. The most interesting statistic is that if the election were held today that Trump would still win against Hillary.

Accomplishments which will not be reversed is appointment of Gorsuch to bring balance to the Supreme Court and the appointment a number of lower level judges, withdrawal from the Paris climate accord (and the accompanying reigning in of the EPA climate change regulations) which reversed a disastrous decision for U.S. taxpayers, and the near eradication of ISIS. For Canadians approval of the Keystone pipeline was a great day for Canada. Cracking down on illegal immigration particularly in the area of criminal aliens will pay dividends for many years down the road. There will have to be health care reform as Obamacare collapses as it was designed to do.
              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Tuesday, 15th August, 2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey
                I find your description of me to be very insulting, Paul.

I'll point my lawyer to your last few posts.
                Snoooooowflaaaaaake.
                everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  After the disgusting display by Trump this weekend in response to the Charlottesville terror attack by White Supremists, I hope there will not be any more Pro Trump comments on chess talk.
                  Why would you think that? Trump supporters don't care that he's a racist.

He said this well before he became President.

To Donald Trump, the most racist thing in the world is black people expressing themselves.

None of this is news. All Trump supporters know this, and don't care. If they supported Trump in the first place, I see no reason why they wouldn't still. They're supporters of a Nazi sympathizer. They're supporters of a white supremacist. They always have been. It's never bothered them.

It's never bothered almost half of Americans. Don't you see that this guy and his supporters are an existential threat to the United States as we know it?
                  everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
                    Why would you think that? Trump supporters don't care that he's a racist.

He said this well before he became President.

To Donald Trump, the most racist thing in the world is black people expressing themselves.

None of this is news. All Trump supporters know this, and don't care. If they supported Trump in the first place, I see no reason why they wouldn't still. They're supporters of a Nazi sympathizer. They're supporters of a white supremacist. They always have been. It's never bothered them.

It's never bothered almost half of Americans. Don't you see that this guy and his supporters are an existential threat to the United States as we know it?
                    Well Ben, perhaps it is just wishful thinking. But I do not put all Trump supporters in the same basket. There have been some interesting documentaries in recent months delving into the question of “Why did voters elect Donald Trump?” I think it is more prudent to understand what happened as opposed to going off on a rant. If you do that too often, you play right into their trap and risk being marginalized yourself as a radical left-wing (etc etc) nut job terrorist (or whatever).

But make no mistake, I agree that Donald Trump is a loathsome piece of shit. No moral or ethical compass, no sense of right or wrong, completely devoid of empathy and honesty.

His approval ratings continue to slip, down to 37.4% now. Hopefully that trend will continue and accelerate.

Some Trump voters did so believing him to be this great businessman.
                    Some Trump voters did so simply as a protest vote against the establishment.
                    Some Trump voters did so because they believed his promises of Jobs, Jobs., Jobs.
                    Some Trump voters did so believing he was this great deal maker.

By now, I hope many are now realizing he is not a great deal maker, nor a great businessman, nor can he magically bring back jobs. Many are slow to admit they made a horrible mistake.

But yes Ben, some Trump voters are just as loathsome $*@OWHEJWW*$@^$@^ as Trump.

Comment

But make no mistake, I agree that Donald Trump is a loathsome piece of shit. No moral or ethical compass, no sense of right or wrong, completely devoid of empathy and honesty.
                      If for the moment we accept this premise how exactly does Hillary Clinton's description look any different?

Donald Trump won because the Democrats ran the most corrupt and flawed candidate in the history of American politics. On top of that the Democrats have become the party of the social justice warrior who have no relevance to the lives of most of the American public. A golden retriever running on the Republican ticket would have won against Hillary.

Comment

Seth Meyer's on Trump
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ShTR9VtfjI

Trump is the greatest president of the last 28 years.
                        Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Tuesday, 15th August, 2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Well Ben, perhaps it is just wishful thinking. But I do not put all Trump supporters in the same basket. There have been some interesting documentaries in recent months delving into the question of “Why did voters elect Donald Trump?” I think it is more prudent to understand what happened as opposed to going off on a rant. If you do that too often, you play right into their trap and risk being marginalized yourself as a radical left-wing (etc etc) nut job terrorist (or whatever).

His approval ratings continue to slip, down to 37.4% now. Hopefully that trend will continue and accelerate.

Some Trump voters did so because they believed his promises of Jobs, Jobs., Jobs.

By now, I hope many are now realizing he is not a great deal maker, nor a great businessman, nor can he magically bring back jobs. Many are slow to admit they made a horrible mistake.

But yes Ben, some Trump voters are just as loathsome $*@OWHEJWW*$@^$@^ as Trump.
                          Hi Bob,

Unlike others in this thread who just tend to outright lie, you make some sense and you are right it avoids labels such as one of Paul's least favourite, the "libertard".

But essentially your discontent is not with Trump, I believe, but with the percentage of Americans that voted for him. It is therefore comforting to see some of Trump's voters excuse their votes with various reasons. However, Trump still represents a significant proportion of the population (even if, magically, that 37% number is bang on) and this is not going to go away any time soon. He fights for the right to life, he fights against corrupt government, he fights for his country, he supports Christians (which nobody does openly these days), he supports Israel (whom Obama essentially turned against). He is doing a lot of things that people on the left cant or wont do. And yeah he's failing at some things such as healthcare - but this has almost nothing to do with his efforts, but rather the massive divide between parties and also within parties (i.e. Freedom Caucus).

I think you want to know people are good-natured and don't want to select a loud mouth who is always off-the-cuff with his remarks. But again, they are not selecting Trump, they are selecting the platform. Therefore this divide, even if it shows bottoming out in the popularity polls - is not really represented accurately. People are not changing what they want. They are probably dissatisfied the current government - in spite of its majorities - cannot pass anything but wind at the moment.

And also the fact that someone can talk like Trump does during his election campaign, and win, means that Hillary is incredibly unpopular as Vlad has stated.

Comment

Well Ben, perhaps it is just wishful thinking. But I do not put all Trump supporters in the same basket.
                            They put themselves in the same basket by supporting the same racist.

Donald Trump Has Been a Racist All His Life — And He Isn’t Going to Change After Charlottesville

Oh and remember: we knew all of this before he was elected president of the United States of America. He was elected in spite of all this (yet another reminder that “not all Trump supporters are racist, but all of them decided that racism isn’t a deal-breaker”).
                            Look at Whissell. He cites Trump's support of the "right to life" but doesn't mention that today Trump said that there are "fine people" among neo-Nazis and white supremacists. (Sidenote: of course this milquetoast twit, Whissell, turns out to be misogynistic garbage who supports the "rights" of clumps of a cells over the rights of women.) They acknowledge that he's a racist. And they support him anyway. "Clinton did worse things. She lied. She stole. She laughed about killing a foreign dictator. That's worse than being a white supremacist. Who sexually assaults women. Who sexualizes children. Who breeds fear and hatred of Mexicans and Muslims." That's seriously what these people think.

Trump supporters are all some combination of stupid, selfish and xenophobic. It's impossible to support Trump without having at least one of those traits. You know how you fight stupidity, selfishness, and xenophobia? You fight stupidity with education. You fight selfishness with community. And you fight xenophobia with love.

But all that shit takes time, and there's a fucking fascist in the White House right now. At what point do you stop treating his supporters and sympathizers like lost little children?

Comment

It's pretty telling how often you see Trump supporters attempt to defend Trump by bringing up Hillary or by trying to change the topic to one of the few areas in which he's seen some success. You know, it's fine to admit that he has faults. Partisanship is not a good thing. If you supported Trump over Hillary, then that is one discussion, but it's no longer relevant. If you still support Trump today, then you have to support him on his own merits, not by comparing him to people who never have and never will be president.

Comment

You make some good points, Bob, and this is one of your better posts in a while. At least you admit SOME Trump supporters are loathesome.

Perhaps some of them didn't realize how immoral Trump really was. The election campaign brought a lot of it out, but not enough to wake up everyone. So now we've had 8 months of Trump in power, and there really is no excuse left to remain a Trump supporter. All remaining Trump supporters must be recognized for what they are: racist, misogynist, greedy and immoral.

On Monday Trump seemed to be cowed enough to actually call KKK and neo-Nazis what they are.... but one day later, he's undoing all that by saying there are "fine people" among them. And he's blaming the "alt-left" for the violence. I hope this wakes you up and everyone else up. Trump is a neo-Nazi. He is every bit as dangerous as Hitler. The "fake news" propaganda should have made everyone aware of what is really going on. He is plotting and planning the means of a complete takeover of America, and "fake news" is the necessary opening play. Now it comes out he may "delay" the 2020 election, and he already has Republican support for this idea!

Listen, Ben Daswani and I are both living within the tumult. I don't know about Ben, but I'm doing a lot of travelling.... and even in smaller communities, the tension is palpable. I've met people who are cutting off friendships and relationships due to right versus left differences.

This may not be settled until there is a new American Civil War. That's how serious this is getting.

The Bible, fwiw, does predict that in the end times there will be war between parents and their children, between siblings, between married couples. Perhaps that particular prophecy was speaking to America.
                                Only the rushing is heard...
                                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X