Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Just replying to Peter's individual post - I am no longer following this thread.

There is a truly terrible situation going on right now, where illegal immigrants are afraid to come forward in the Houston flood - and remain living/hiding in dangerous conditions. At a time like this, mercy is not only applicable, but should overcome the law if the law doesn't make room for it. All life is precious. I don't care if the democrats are being opportunistic about their immigration policies in this situation, the value of life should come first, and leniency of some sort should be the mandate so these people can come forward to get help without fear of being reported. I hope this is being considered. I know both parties are working together on funding, but funding isn't everything here (thought it is clearly critical).

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
      Just replying to Peter's individual post - I am no longer following this thread.

There is a truly terrible situation going on right now, where illegal immigrants are afraid to come forward in the Houston flood - and remain living/hiding in dangerous conditions. At a time like this, mercy is not only applicable, but should overcome the law if the law doesn't make room for it. All life is precious. I don't care if the democrats are being opportunistic about their immigration policies in this situation, the value of life should come first, and leniency of some sort should be the mandate so these people can come forward to get help without fear of being reported. I hope this is being considered. I know both parties are working together on funding, but funding isn't everything here (thought it is clearly critical).
      Personally speaking I think they should clear the decks. Allow every ILLEGAL to come forward and be allowed a path to citizenship.

And then from this point on ... ENFORCE the law.

Million & millions of well meaning folks who OBEY the law ...wait, wait some more, going through the LEGAL immigration process. America currently accepts 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year. More than any other country in the world by far:

"The million annual entries in the USA are green cards, which grant permanent residence..."
      http://www.politifact.com/oregon/sta...rants-rest-wo/

So in the midst of your anti-Trump rants consider this; consider the integrity of those law abiding people as something to RESPECT! Respect above those who are ILLEGAL and FORCE themselves upon those who simply want to live by the rule of law. A rule of law that applies equally to everyone.

Something also worth considering Mav; if Trump continues to make America great again with increased American manufacturing jobs, service sector jobs, etc., etc., he will need to fill those jobs with qualified people. That would lead to an increase in LEGAL immigration far past the current 1 million per year?
      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 7th September, 2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        Many people, including Obama, have compassion for, and wish to help, those less fortunate than themselves. This is an indication of positive character traits that you and your racist, misogynistic, homophobic hero are lacking.
        Once again, Peter, Trump is not my hero. Please stop trying to force your personality on that 'matter'.

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
          Once again, Peter, Trump is not my hero.
          Really? You sure fooled us. :)
          Based upon your posts, you are at the very least a strong Trump supporter, even hero worshipper.
          If that isn't true, you really should review and edit your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
            Really? You sure fooled us. :)
            Based upon your posts, you are at the very least a strong Trump supporter, even hero worshipper.
            If that isn't true, you really should review and edit your posts.
            Us? There's actually an 'us'?

So, once again, Bob G. (a.k.a. 'us'), Trump is not my hero.

Thx.

Comment

Personally speaking I think they should clear the decks. Allow every ILLEGAL to come forward and be allowed a path to citizenship.

And then from this point on ... ENFORCE the law.

Million & millions of well meaning folks who OBEY the law ...wait, wait some more, going through the LEGAL immigration process. America currently accepts 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year. More than any other country in the world by far:

"The million annual entries in the USA are green cards, which grant permanent residence..."
              http://www.politifact.com/oregon/sta...rants-rest-wo/

So in the midst of your anti-Trump rants consider this; consider the integrity of those law abiding people as something to RESPECT! Respect above those who are ILLEGAL and FORCE themselves upon those who simply want to live by the rule of law. A rule of law that applies equally to everyone.

Something also worth considering Mav; if Trump continues to make America great again with increased American manufacturing jobs, service sector jobs, etc., etc., he will need to fill those jobs with qualified people. That would lead to an increase in LEGAL immigration far past the current 1 million per year?
              Hi Neil,

I'm typically Pro-Trump on most issues, so I'm a bit confused why you are saying I am on an anti-Trump rant.

I have not disputed your arguments about job findings, in fact I believe Trump is increasing real, decent paying jobs. This would be in opposition to Obama, who was at the helm when there was a large influx of very poorly paying jobs which he used for the % employment statistics. There is proof of this from both the left and right medias.

I don't think I'm opposed to what you are saying Neil. I just believe that however this problem occurred, mercy should be given to the suffering.

Mavros

Comment

By what metric?

By the metric of personal generosity whilst in office he is the greatest president of all time. By unemployment metric he is better than the previous two. By fewer people on food stamps better again! Perhaps wealth created in 401ks with record high stock markets? That's a lot of money for a lot of folks! Again, better! Deregulation since Reagan? As an example ... pipeline that benefits Canada too? Perhaps bringing back new billion dollar auto plants? Border security?

Want me to go on???

By what metric is he a terrible president? Oh I know, by the Bob G., Peter McKillop, Paul Bonham metric. Yeppers, you got me there! He might not ever be canonized.

This is too much fun!

Which US president has given 1 million dollars of his own money to help those in need???

Who?

Class dismissed.
                Neil, this was your post 6 days ago in reply to my comment that Trump is a terrible President.
                Do you still stand by your comments?

Comment

Hi Neil,

I'm typically Pro-Trump on most issues, so I'm a bit confused why you are saying I am on an anti-Trump rant.

I have not disputed your arguments about job findings, in fact I believe Trump is increasing real, decent paying jobs. This would be in opposition to Obama, who was at the helm when there was a large influx of very poorly paying jobs which he used for the % employment statistics. There is proof of this from both the left and right medias.

I don't think I'm opposed to what you are saying Neil. I just believe that however this problem occurred, mercy should be given to the suffering.

Mavros
                  My bad Mav, I should of said 'the'.

The Donald shakes this up again today, eh? Here's the spin from the Clinton News Network:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politi...eal/index.html

Trump's happy, Dem's happy, Republicans not so much happy ... Ryan and McConnell have been put on notice.

Tax reform / Infrastructure are next in line.

We'll see if his tactic worked, or not.

MAGA!
                  Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 7th September, 2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I agree. Well said, Mavros.
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Trump's happy, Dem's happy, Republicans not so much happy ... Ryan and McConnell have been put on notice.
                      Hold onto your pom pom's Neil, I am going to say something nice about Trump, sort of.
                      Well done Donald, I agree with the deal he struck with the Democrats. He got funding for Harvey relief and raised the debt ceiling, Good.
                      Let's hope he continues to work with the Democrats to achieve some of his more popular goals. But it is just as likely he did the deal just to spite Ryan and McConnell, but I'll take it.
                      And Neil, every time you add MAGA to your posts, isn't that just blatant cheerleading for Trump? I'm just saying.

But let's keep it real: Trump is still a loathsome creature, unfit for the office.

Tax reform - sure okay, unless it just becomes a giveaway to the rich and balloons the debt.
                      Infrastructure spending - yes, absolutely.

With all these hurricanes - will Trump finally accept that climate change is real?
                      Probably a bridge too far. But we can hope!
                      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 8th September, 2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Hold onto your pom pom's Neil, I am going to say something nice about Trump, sort of.
                        Well done Donald, I agree with the deal he struck with the Democrats. He got funding for Harvey relief and raised the debt ceiling, Good.
                        Let's hope he continues to work with the Democrats to achieve some of his more popular goals. But it is just as likely he did the deal just to spite Ryan and McConnell, but I'll take it.
                        And Neil, every time you add MAGA to your posts, isn't that just blatant cheerleading for Trump? I'm just saying.

But let's keep it real: Trump is still a loathsome creature, unfit for the office.

Tax reform - sure okay, unless it just becomes a giveaway to the rich and balloons the debt.

With all these hurricanes - will Trump finally accept that climate change is real?
                        Hi Bob,

I wonder if you have read about Milankovic Cycles. This is completely valid and topical science, and also uses ice-core data as a support. This ice-core data would place us smack in the middle of an Ice Age (3,000 years overdue in fact). Maybe this is worth looking into.

I think it is impossible to deny some anthropogenic influence, but what if that influence tilted us in the direction of being able to inhabit the planet? My guess: it is easier to survive with the current weather conditions, as atrocious as they may be (re: warming of the Gulf of Mexico supplying necessary energy to turn tropical storms into hurricanes) versus surviving an ice age. The ice age is a much greater danger, and consider events like significant volcanic eruptions, which can easily push us in the direction of global cooling.

As of now CO2 is completely saturated in the atmosphere, so adding more CO2 leads to precipitate on some grand scale. Much more dangerous is the thought of clathrates melting in ice sheets, since methane is not yet saturated in the environment.

Also what is the current status of the disastrous ozone hole? Where did it go?

Perhaps not all climate change is as bad as it looks in this geological perspective.

Mavros
                        Last edited by Mavros Whissell; Friday, 8th September, 2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Bob, just as a word of advice, don't use weather as evidence of climate change. This is a trap too many climate change supporters and deniers fall into. In this example, last year one could have used the lack of significant hurricanes as evidence against climate change. Did the cool, wet summer in Ontario mean climate change is not real?

You have to use long term changes over years/decades to support climate change. Sea ice levels in the arctic make for good evidence. Rising sea levels are another. Individual hurricanes don't.

Comment

Chelsea Handler weighs in: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ch...rticle/2633687
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

O ... M ... G! omg omg!!! So, you [a.k.a.'us'] are beginning to see the value of having a billionaire businessman as president eh? Good! Trump just realized how to deal with the swamp! 3 month extension - no biggy - but getting that much need cash for hurricane relief was yuuge! Interesting to note the Katrina relief is somewhere at 13 billion. So what Trump got was just a partial. And then there's an alphabet of hurricanes looming just over the horizon. And consider this, Bob G., now that he has pissed off the top brass of the GOP think of how much more plausible impeachment has just become!

Margin note: I had the great opportunity to help in raising funds for hurricane Sandy's relief effort, humbling experience.

So ya, Trump will never be canonized. But having said that was Bill Clinton fit for office?

MAGA! An expression formerly used by both Clinton (Bill) and Reagan!

No biggy.

MAGA!

Comment

O ... M ... G! omg omg!!! So, you [a.k.a.'us'] are beginning to see the value of having a billionaire businessman as president eh?
                                O...M...G... omg!!! NO. You really should read the entire post, not just the tidbits you like. Typical.
                                There are some great youtube videos of Former Mexican President Fox slamming Trump.
                                Just saw them this morning, so funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukv9v7IGZw
                                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Saturday, 9th September, 2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X