Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Chess World Cup 2017

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Levon Aronian - perseverence and brilliance! WoW!!
    I have often felt that of those near the top for many years, Levon was the one best suited to being a World Chess Championship Challenger.....but he never seemed to quite rise to the occasion. He is often somewhat derided as a "Coffee House" player, because his penchant for some off-beat and risky moves. But he has always been much more than that...........

Now he has his chance!

Bob A

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 23, 2017

Final (Round Seven)

Game One

The playing hall is a tiered semi-circle with the players at the centre and four levels of benches for the spectators. The amphitheatre is in the Biltmore Hotel, which is right in the heart of the Tbilisi. The playing arena is arguably the most exquisite that you will ever see.

There is a bit of a ceremony at the first with Zurab in a dark suit. The two players are in dark suits. The table is specially designed for a good view for the cameras. No containers are allowed on that table.

The first game ended peacefully with a draw by repetition of position. The players discuss the game after and Aronian comes in for an interview.

Aronian confessed to being caught out in the opening, knowing he had nothing objective. "I wasn't expecting this d4. My reaction was a safe one, but I knew there was nothing. Black can play anyway. He can even make a long castle instead of Qe6."

Final, Game 1, Sept. 23
      Aronian, Levon – Ding Liren
      A18 English, Mikenas-Carls variation

1.c4 Nf6 2.Nc3 e6 3.e4 d5 4.cxd5 exd5 5.e5 Ne4 6.Nf3 Bf5 7.Be2 d4 8.Nxe4 Bxe4 9.Bc4 Bd5 10.Qb3 Bxc4 11.Qxc4 Nc6 12.O-O Qd7 13.d3 Qe6 14.Qxe6+ fxe6 15.Ng5 Kd7 16.f4 Be7 17.Ne4 Raf8 18.Bd2 g5 19.g3 Rhg8 20.Kh1 gxf4 21.gxf4 Rg6 22.Rac1 Rfg8 23.a3 a5 24.Rf3 b6 25.Rh3 R8g7 26.Ng3 Nd8 27.b4 axb4 28.axb4 b5 29.Kg2 Nc6 30.Rb1 Rf7 31.Rh5 Rg8 32.Rh6 Bf8 33.Rh3 Be7 34.Rh6 Bf8 35.Rh3 Be7 1/2-1/2

_____

In an earlier interview with Aronian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfU0H3-Tum0

he was asked why he always ties his shoelaces before a game. It is not a superstition, he buys his shoe size but in time they get loose. He doesn’t take care of his shoes as well he does with his pawns.

In a week he is getting married.
      ________

- First game drawn. That playing hall....wow.
      Last edited by Wayne Komer; Sunday, 24th September, 2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 24, 2017

Final (Round Seven)

Game Two

It is 28°C in Tbilisi. The spectators are lightly attired. That is the same as in Toronto, which is having its highest readings of the year. In the Isle of Man Tournament, the players have jackets on for 14°C temperatures.

It seems so quiet with just two players after having a room full of people a week ago.

Yasser says that Ding has impressed him all through the World Cup. He and Robin van Kampen are presently discussing the position at move 34 with black to play. Probably a draw with Ding having to work for it.

Levon Aronian to play his 34th move

Robin and Yasser go through tons of variations.

Yasser is happy with the two games so far. It is not like some of the matches in the World Cup where the classical games were drawn in favour of going to the rapid. These are like World Championship games with each one hard-fought.

Yasser confesses that his worst day as a commentator was at Tata Steel 2015 with Giri playing So. The ending was queen and pawns and so complex that Yasser finally had to turn himself off and check the computer to see its evaluation. And this evaluation depended on lines 20 moves long!

You can see the game at:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1782844

Round 7, Game 2, Sept. 24, 2017
        Ding, Liren – Aronian, Levon
        E05 Catalan, open, Classical line

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.g3 d5 4.Bg2 Be7 5.Nf3 O-O 6.O-O dxc4 7.Qc2 a6 8.a4 Bd7 9.Qxc4 Bc6 10.Bg5 a5 11.Nc3 Na6 12.e3 Nb4 13.Rfd1 Nd7 14.Bxe7 Qxe7 15.e4 Rfd8 16.Rd2 Nb6 17.Qe2 Be8 18.b3 c5 19.Qe3 Rac8 20.Rc1 c4 21.d5 Qc5 22.Qxc5 Rxc5 23.dxe6 Rxd2 24.Nxd2 fxe6 25.Bf1 cxb3 26.Nxb3 Rc7 27.Nxa5 Nxa4 28.Na2 Rxc1 29.Nxc1 Nc5 30.Ncb3 b6 31.Nxc5 bxa5 32.Bc4 a4 33.Kf1 a3 34.Nb3 Ba4 35.Nc1 Bc2 36.Ke2 Bxe4 37.Bxe6+ Kf8 38.Kd2 Ke7 39.Bb3 Nd5 40.Ne2 Kd6 41.f3 Bb1 42.Kc1 Bg6 43.Nd4 Nc7 44.Ne2 Kc5 45.Nf4 Bf5 46.g4 Bd7 47.g5 Nb5 48.Bg8 Bf5 49.Nh5 g6 50.Ng3 Bd3 51.Bxh7 Nd4 52.Ne4+ Kb4 53.Bg8 Nxf3 54.Nf6 Kc5 55.h3 Kd4 56.Ba2 Nxg5 57.h4 Ne4 58.Nd7 Nc5 59.Nf6 Ke5 60.Nd5 Bf5 61.Ne3 Nd3+ 62.Kc2 Nb4+ 63.Kb3 Nxa2 64.Kxa2 Ke4 65.Nc2 Kf4 66.Nd4 Kg4 67.Kxa3 Kxh4 68.Kb2 Kg3 69.Kc3 Kf2 70.Kd2 Bg4 71.Nc2 g5 72.Ne3 Be2 73.Nd5 Bg4 74.Nf6 Bf5 75.Kd1 1/2-1/2

Ding was lost but Lev let the win slip through his fingers.

________

During the long and difficult endgame, this joke, which I have not heard before, was posted on the chessbrah chat-room:

An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are each asked to compute the volume of a little red rubber ball. The mathematician finds the equation for the surface, performs a triple integral, and computes the volume. The physicist dunks the ball in a pool of water, and measures the volume of the displaced water. The engineer looks up the value in his Book of Little Red Rubber Ball volumes.
        Last edited by Wayne Komer; Sunday, 24th September, 2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 25, 2017

Final (Round Seven)

Game Three

Robin says he is broadcasting from Kingston, Ontario near Queen’s University. Yasser is in Hilversum, Holland.

Robin is taking commerce courses. Two practical ones are data management for business intelligence and digital marketing.

Yasser says that he started a small business in the late ‘80s. It was called International Chess Enterprises which published the magazine Inside Chess and they also sold chess books and chess software. The problem at first was finding enough customers. As a former businessman then, he is intrigued by the big companies like google that data mine their customers and then produce ads based on their likes and needs.

Ding has been playing like his solid self and was never in trouble as black in this game.

Round 7, Game 3, Sept. 25, 2017
          Aronian, Levon – Ding, Liren
          A13 English, Neo-Catalan

1.c4 Nf6 2.Nf3 e6 3.g3 d5 4.Bg2 dxc4 5.Qa4+ Bd7 6.Qxc4 c5 7.Ne5 Qc8 8.Qd3 Nc6 9.Nxd7 Nxd7 10.Qb3 Be7 11.Nc3 O-O 12.O-O Rd8 13.d3 Nb6 14.Be3 Nd4 15.Bxd4 Rxd4 16.Rfc1 Rd7 17.a4 Qd8 18.a5 Nd5 19.Nxd5 exd5 20.d4 cxd4 21.Rc2 g6 22.Bh3 Rc7 23.Rac1 Rxc2 24.Rxc2 b6 25.Bg2 Rc8 26.Rxc8 Qxc8 27.Bxd5 Qf5 28.Qc4 bxa5 29.b3 d3 30.exd3 Bd8 31.Qe4 1/2-1/2

After three games of classical chess, the score is Ding Liren-Aronian 1.5-1.5

________

On Ding Liren's escape in yesterday's game:

Aronian made one strong move after another and constantly posed his Chinese opponent with problems to solve. Every move had to played accurately by Ding in order to avoid defeat. The 24-year-old grandmaster did fare well until a certain point, but then went wrong. Mistakes in chess do not happen in vacuum. It was this incessant pressure from Aronian that made Ding go wrong. The biggest opportunity for Levon came on move 53. Levon had two choices in front of him - grab the pawn on f3 or move the knight to b3. With time running low on the clock, such decisions are extremely difficult to make. However, Aronian could have gained the full point by playing Nb3+.

Levon, however, couldn't calculate the consequences of Nb3+ accurately and hence went for the safer route with Nxf3. The position is still be winning, just not as clear as Nb3+. For Ding things were not at all bright. Not only had he lost a pawn, but he was down to his last few seconds. This is when the Chinese player made the decision of playing fast. And it worked. Within five moves, it was Ding who had three minutes as compared to Aronian playing in seconds. Somehow the pressure of defending a worse position for Ding had been converted into the pressure of winning a won game for Aronian.

Miraculously Ding Liren survived and he is yet to be beaten in the World Cup 2017 in Tbilisi.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-wo...ue-falls-short
          Last edited by Wayne Komer; Monday, 25th September, 2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Both Aronian and Liren dressed up for the finals, as we can see from the pictures. Liren seems to have casual shoes (maybe for comfort, OK), but at least he's got a shirt and jacket. Aronian is looking wonderful with his blue suit and light green shirt.

Who would have guessed? Aren't these guys full patch gypsies who can dress however the hell they want? With an army of poor chess players supporting them?

Anyone here still supporting the gypsy style?
            Last edited by Mathieu Cloutier; Monday, 25th September, 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
              Both Aronian and Liren dressed up for the finals, as we can see from the pictures. Liren seems to have casual shoes (maybe for comfort, OK), but at least he's got a shirt and jacket. Aronian is looking wonderful with is blue suit and light green shirt.

Who would have guessed? Aren't these guys full patch gypsies who can dress however the hell they want? With an army of poor chess players supporting them?

We get it ... YOU clearly think players should be wearing a suit (+/- a tie, I guess)(+/- casual shoes, I guess). Unless you have more to add, perhaps you can give it a rest.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Earlier Aronian wore a cat shirt. Ding was asked by the organizers to lose the track suit, as he mentioned in one of the interviews. Of course neither was asked to change clothes a few minutes before the game. Probably because Armenia and China have some clout chess-wise.

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
                Both Aronian and Liren dressed up for the finals, as we can see from the pictures. Liren seems to have casual shoes (maybe for comfort, OK), but at least he's got a shirt and jacket. Aronian is looking wonderful with is blue suit and light green shirt.

"Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  We get it ... YOU clearly think players should be wearing a suit (+/- a tie, I guess)(+/- casual shoes, I guess). Unless you have more to add, perhaps you can give it a rest.
                  I'm just sitting there, casually observing what happens in one of the most important events in the chess calendar. No need to read too much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                    Earlier Aronian wore a cat shirt. Ding was asked by the organizers to lose the track suit, as he mentioned in one of the interviews. Of course neither was asked to change clothes a few minutes before the game. Probably because Armenia and China have some clout chess-wise.
                    Ding was told to dress up. Just like Anton. Anton decided to complain and Ding decided to comply. Two equally talented players, one had to decide to leave and the other is still playing.
                    Last edited by Mathieu Cloutier; Monday, 25th September, 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 26, 2017

Final (Round Seven)
                      Game Four

The commentators on the chessbrah channel are Yasser Seirawan and Eric Hansen. During a slow period of the game Yasser talks about his magazine Inside Chess and about James Tarjan and memories of Fischer. I shall give some excerpts after the game is finished.

Round 7, Game 4, Sept. 26, 2017
                      Ding Liren – Aronian, Levon
                      D39 QGD, Ragozin, Vienna variation

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 d5 4.Nc3 Bb4 5.Bg5 dxc4 6.e4 h6 7.Bxf6 Qxf6 8.Bxc4 c5 9.O-O O-O 10.e5 Qd8 11.Ne4 cxd4 12.Qe2 Bd7 13.Rfd1 Nc6 14.Ng3 Bc5 15.a3 Ne7 16.Ne4 Bb6 17.Nxd4 Ng6 18.Qh5 Qh4 19.Qxh4 Nxh4 20.a4 Ng6 21.a5 Bxd4 22.Rxd4 Bc6 23.b4 Nxe5 24.b5 Bxe4 25.Rxe4 Nd7 26.Rd4 Nc5 27.Rad1 Rfc8 28.h4 Kf8 29.h5 Ke7 30.Rg4 Rg8 31.Be2 b6 32.Bf3 Rac8 33.axb6 axb6 34.Ra1 Rc7 35.Bc6 f5 36.Rg3 Kf7 37.Rd1 Ra7 38.Rg6 Ra3 39.g4 fxg4 40.Rxg4 Rh3 41.Be4 Nxe4 42.Rxe4 Rxh5 43.Rd7+ Kf6 44.Rd6 Re5 45.Rxe5 Kxe5 46.Rxb6 g5 47.Rb7 h5 48.b6 h4 49.Rf7 Rd8 50.b7 Rd1+ 51.Kg2 Rb1 52.f3 1/2-1/2

Chessbomb kibitzers

- The R&P ending with gh vs. f is covered in 'Understanding Rook Endings' (p100)... which says it's usually a draw if the defending king is well placed.

- Levon looks like he could use a shotglass of 5-hour energy.

- yes, stamina is playing a role

- Ding is always tough for Aronian.

- Ding escaped again!

- Ding played this perfectly

- if Aronian plays chess like in this game he will not win the Candidates

- draw agreed

- see you at the tiebreaks!
                      ________

Playoffs/Tie Breaks tomorrow

(To be continued)

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 26, 2017

Final, Round Seven
                        Game Four

The game today was a draw. On the chessbrah channel, Yasser reminisced and what he said was interesting enough for me to transcribe some of it.

Yasser – For me, watching a game in real time now and being able to interact with an audience is like wonderful science fiction. When I was growing up, one of the pleasantest memories of chess I have is of playing over the games of Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky. We would get the newspaper report with the game score and six of us would be sitting in the coffee shop and sharing our analysis, playing through the moves. To me that was really thrilling. Here we are doing the same thing with an audience of thousands and we have these chess engines in the background, humming away telling us their thoughts and we are telling the human audience what we think.

Eric (soliloquy, because Yasser is off making coffee) – I’m not a professional chess player in the sense that I make a living from playing chess. I play at the level of a professional and play professional tournaments. It is not my primary source of income. My priority is to play good tournaments but if other things come up I have to deal with them first. I generally lose money playing chess. I enjoy playing chess and playing good players but it other things that pay for my tournaments. I coach and do chess camps, have done a lot of work in St Louis, commentary, but playing is the least lucrative of those. I am only a professional in the fact that I try to play in strong tournaments. Other things pay for chess, I can’t just travel the world, playing tournaments.
                        Yasser, do people know the chess magazine that you started when you were in your late twenties? You were a board member and publisher.

Yasser – Anybody who has been involved in editing or publishing a chess magazine in any way understands what I mean. There are deadlines and pressure to get players to annotate their games. Despite all of that I had some really fun times. It was minisculey profitable, rather a labour of love. It was a different era, there was no Internet so how were you to get the top games? How could you be up to date?

The magazine Inside Chess ran from ‘89-‘90 for a dozen years. Then there was the writing on the wall that magazines and newspapers were in serious trouble.

There was a tournament at Las Palmas, a double round-robin featuring Kasparov, Anand, Topalov, Karpov and other great players. Garry won an unbelievable game against Veselin Topalov. And we watched the game live on the Internet. My editors John Donaldson and Michael Franett and myself, played over the game like in that tale about Fischer and Spassky. And we were like wow, the next issue of the magazine is going to be so cool because this tournament is so cool.

I came in the next day and Mike was there and he had this look like someone had died. He was white. I asked if everything was O.K. and he said that I had to see this. We went over to our super printer called Oracle. It kept printing and printing and finally got to twenty-four pages. It was all analysis by the World Champion Garry Kasparov on the game that had been played less than 24 hours before. I went, “Oh Mike, Garry came through, he annotated the game for us”. But Mike said, “No, Yasser, he annotated the game for his Internet site Kasparov Chess and it is downloadable for free.”

And I am holding solid gold and it is Garry annotating the game and, I thought, for us but it was all free on the Internet. But my magazine wasn’t to be printed for another two weeks and then it would take another week for it to show up in people’s mailboxes so there was a three-week lag between the time the game was played and the time it is held by the readers. We had to have subscriptions but here was Garry Kasparov’s annotations for free. How could you compete with that?

I was speaking to Garry after and he was raising money for Kasparov Chess and they spent twenty million dollars. They had offices in Tel Aviv, Moscow and a prime location in Manhattan. They had 20 to 30 people full-time. His company burnt through money with no problem but then the dot-com bubble burst. It was an amazing time.

Kasparov made me an offer to buy Inside Chess and hindsight being 20/20, I should have accepted. It would have been great for me personally.
                        ______

Yasser – Jim Tarjan, a blast from the past, in 1979 we shared an apartment in Hollywood, California, we spent the summer of ‘79 preparing him for the biggest event of his career – the Interzonal in Riga. That was a massive 20-player tournament with adjourned games and free days and it lasted six weeks. If you were in the top, you qualified for the Candidates. The Soviet squad was Polugaevsky, Mikhail Tal and so forth.

Who would do the cooking? Of Hungarian origin, James had a paprika chicken that was damn good and a spaghetti sauce that was good too. We would make three gallons of spaghetti sauce that would last a week. Any meat dish that we had, we would add the spaghetti sauce. We worked really hard.

Americans were good in week-end tournaments but not extended tournaments like this one. Jim just ran out of gas there. The Soviet players had cars and drivers and apartments provided by the State. It was a real eye-opening experience for me.

In Hollywood, training, we would get up at 11, have toast and coffee and then jump in his car and go to Venice Beach. We would ogle the girls with cappuccinos in our hands, enjoying the sun. At 2 in the afternoon, we would go to a Taco stand and eat greasy enchiladas etc there. At 3, we would analyze until 7 and then have pasta and spaghetti sauce and then, at 10 in the evening, we would go into Hollywood and watch movies at an incredible string of movie theatres. I first saw Milos Foreman there. We would get home at 1 and then the day would repeat itself.

The next generation of strong chessplayers came along in about 1984 – the U.S. Championship in Berkeley - myself, Nick de Firmian, Larry Christiansen and John Fedorowicz – pushing Jim Tarjan aside and he decided to put his degree to use as a librarian and retired from chess. Now he has retired from his regular job three years ago and started in chess again.

About this time, during the summer of ’79, Bobby Fischer was living in Pasadena, California with Lina Grumette, an elderly widow, with a huge home and she invited chessplayers to come and play chess there in the evenings. Lina took care of Bobby – laundry, meals, a room... She journeyed to Iceland with him for the match with Boris Spassky.

Her best friend was Jacqueline Piatigorsky and they had stories about Bobby Fischer and I heard a lot about him in those days. I was dreaming at that time that he would return to chess and play on the U.S. Olympic team.

One story - Bobby had forfeited the second game with Spassky. Bobby decided to go to a movie with Lina Grumette and about half way through the movie he said to her, “I bet you are going to try to talk me into finishing the match”. She said, “No, I am just watching the movie”. He was rather p*ssed off about this and at the end of the movie, repeated his question, to which she replied, “I am a hundred per cent positive you are going to play and a hundred per cent positive you are going to win.” It was the perfect thing to say to Bobby at the perfect time. She made a huge contribution to his continuing the match. She was a mother-figure, much the way Lotis Key is to Wesley So now.

Comment

Congratulations to Levon Aronian for winning the World Cup in style!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                            Congratulations to Levon Aronian for winning the World Cup in style!
                            as a footnote, Aronian is marrying Arianne Caoili in 3 days...
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The Chess World Cup 2017

September 27, 2017

Round 7, Playoff
                              Rapid Games
                              25+10

Game 5, Sept. 27, 2017
                              Aronian, Levon – Ding, Liren
                              D43 QGD, Semi-Slav, Hastings variation

1.c4 Nf6 2.Nf3 e6 3.Nc3 d5 4.d4 c6 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bxf6 Qxf6 7.Qb3 Nd7 8.e4 dxe4 9.Nxe4 Qf4 10.Bd3 e5 11.O-O Be7 12.Rae1 exd4 13.Bb1 O-O 14.Ng3 Bd8 15.Qd3 g6 16.h4 Nf6 17.h5 g5 18.Ne5 Ba5 19.Ng6 Qd2 20.Ne7+ Kg7 21.Qb3 Qf4 22.Rd1 Bb6 23.Ngf5+ Bxf5 24.Nxf5+ Kh8 25.g3 Qg4 26.Nxh6 Qxh5 27.Kg2 d3 28.Qc3 Kg7 29.Nf5+ Kg6 30.Rh1 1-0

Game 6, Sept. 27, 2017
                              25+10
                              Ding, Liren – Aronian, Levon
                              D38 QGD, Ragozin variation

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 d5 4.Nc3 Bb4 5.cxd5 exd5 6.Bf4 c6 7.e3 Bf5 8.Be2 O-O 9.O-O Be7 10.Nh4 Bg6 11.Nxg6 hxg6 12.Qb3 Qb6 13.Qc2 a5 14.g4 Nbd7 15.g5 Ne8 16.e4 dxe4 17.Nxe4 Qd8 18.h4 Nb6 19.Be5 Nd5 20.Bg4 Kh8 21.Rae1 Nef6 22.gxf6 gxf6 23.Bh2 f5 24.Bxf5 gxf5 25.Qd1 Rg8+ 26.Kh1 Rg4 27.Ng3 Rxh4 28.Nxf5 Rh7 29.Nxe7 Nxe7 30.Re5 Nf5 31.Rfe1 Qh4 32.Re8+ Kg7 33.Rg1+ Kf6 0-1

Ding Liren went undefeated until the final day of this tournament when Levon Aronian won both rapid games, his second World Chess Cup title and $120,000.

A bit of doggerel from a reader at chess.com

"Levon, Levon likes his money
                              He makes a lot they say
                              Spends his days counting
                              In a garage by the motorway"

--Elton John

Excerpts from Peter Dogger's final report on the match:

In game one. Aronian set the basis for his victory with this crushing win, in which he managed to surprise his opponent in the opening.

However, right after delivering the blow Ne5-g6, and Ding responding with Qf4-d2, something happened.

As it turns out, some loud construction noise could be heard in the playing hall, and on that moment Aronian lost all his focus.

"The first game was kind of not so difficult until the moment where the construction noise started," he said. "Then I lost my concentration and I allowed some unnecessary things because of the noise."

It rarely happens in rapid games, but Aronian even left the playing hall for a moment. "Then I went to the bathroom, washed my face, just relaxed and I think I played a decent game later on." 11 moves later it was over.

At the closing ceremony, Ding said he was proud of his result. About his opponent, he graciously said: "I was a little bit upset but now I feel much better because throughout the match Levon Aronian played better than me so he deserved the win."

Aronian returned the favor: "I would like to compliment my opponent in the final. He's a player I could learn a lot from. His resilience, especially in the fourth game, was something very, very impressive. I don't think there are many players of the world elite that can hold that game with that ease."

All that's left for Aronian is three days to his marriage, for which he has little time to prepare ("I'll play blitz!") but surely the Mrs. Aronian to be will gladly accept this "time trouble" as funds for a nice honeymoon have been secured.

https://www.chess.com/news/view/levo...fide-world-cup
                              Last edited by Wayne Komer; Wednesday, 27th September, 2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you Wayne for your daily reports on the 2017 World Cup. This thread was the first place I turned to for information for the entire duration. It's great to have this type of curated content where you chose the best from the commentaries, highlighted and emphasized important points, and put everything in a standardized, easy-to-read form. I really appreciate the time and effort you took to achieve this, and look forward to your reports about the Candidates Tournament next year. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X