Society of Chess Aficionados offers to purchase ChessTalk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Society of Chess Aficionados offers to purchase ChessTalk!

Today, Society of Chess Aficionados made on offer to Larry Bevand for the purchase of ChessTalk

More later...

Re: Society of Chess Aficionados offers to purchase ChessTalk!

The title should read Aficionados ... not Aficionads ... LOL!

I'm too excited ... sorry about that. Perhaps a Moderator could be so kind to change the spelling.

Comment

There goes the neighbourhood!
      Fred Harvey

Comment

My ideal purchase would to throw some cash at Larry and workout some form of a partnership where we could split revenue if ...and that's a huge if... we can find a clean method to monetize the forum.

Visually speaking modernize the forum. I'd like to pick up a vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle and reskin the forum something like this:
        http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/
        Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 14th July, 2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

If it goes through, I will have a good excuse not to post anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            If it goes through, I will have a good excuse not to post anymore.
            I don't think Neil has the kind of money that Larry is dreaming about... :)
            Time will tell perhaps.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              I don't think Neil has the kind of money that Larry is dreaming about... :)
              Time will tell perhaps.
              It was not a ridiculously large number but it was ridiculously large number from the point of view of the value add to the CFC of owning Chesstalk. If we owned it, it could not maintain its present form so why bother owning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                It was not a ridiculously large number but it was ridiculously large number from the point of view of the value add to the CFC of owning Chesstalk. If we owned it, it could not maintain its present form so why bother owning it.
                Just to be clear, I have no idea what the purchase price might be... just speculating that it is too high (otherwise it might already be sold!?)

The CFC already has a forum - if the CFC took over chesstalk (and especially if serious moderation was imposed) I think a lot of CT members would no longer bother with it.
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  Just to be clear, I have no idea what the purchase price might be... just speculating that it is too high (otherwise it might already be sold!?)

The CFC already has a forum - if the CFC took over chesstalk (and especially if serious moderation was imposed) I think a lot of CT members would no longer bother with it.
                  For me it would have to be based on the net present value of future earnings and there it comes up a bit short compared to the asking price. Maybe someone else will buy it for the name and turn it into chess internet radio. The trolls will be the death of chesstalk just like they were the death of usenet. With Larry in charge at least the libel eventually gets deleted but if you know who was in charge I don't think that would be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                    The title should read Aficionados ... not Aficionads ... LOL!

I'm too excited ... sorry about that. Perhaps a Moderator could be so kind to change the spelling.
                    Thanks Mod!

Comment

Working...
                    X