recognition of CYCC/CO Organizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recognition of CYCC/CO Organizers

Hello there Canadian chess fans, Hal and I just want to take a moment here to recognize the unbelievable efforts of the Peredun family in putting on this year's spectacular CYCC/CO. To our knowledge, this was one of the most ambitious and intensive schedules ever attempted in Canada, a whopping 125 section-rounds in 11 days. There's no way that everything goes as wonderfully as it has, without the super-human efforts of Roman, Andrew, Daphne, and Michael. And Sault Ste.Marie, thank you, you rock!

P.S. We also gotta mention Chau Diep, who kept us caffeinated enough to get our stuff done!
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Sunday, 16th July, 2017, 05:25 PM.

Re: recognition of CYCC/CO Organizers

It looked like they did an amazing load of work. I think having someone with the chess experience that Andrew has was great. Did they provide all chess sets and clocks? Special scoresheets and collector boards? They got good local newspaper coverage, any TV news up there?

I hope you found time to eat. Maybe now relax and sightsee?

Comment

MY last CC was sadly in 2007; I need to play in one again! At the time, we had big blue souvenir bags and rather than seek out GM/IM signatures, I got mine autographed by as many of the volunteers as I could. I still use it for groceries today.

So, yes, a big thanks to everyone who put in their time and energy.
      Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Sunday, 16th July, 2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Yes well done to the Peredun family - and sorry I didnt go - missed a great event.

Comment

A very good tournament, a big thanks to Peredun family. It was a great pleasure to play in Canadian Open especially after Canadian Closed, which was a very poorly organized event.

Comment

A big thanks to the Peredun's. I had a blast and this was the best organized tournament I have ever been to.

Comment

Dear ChessTalk,

You will be glad to know that I would like to reiterate the above comments about the 2017 Canadian Open Chess Championship. Again, Thank You to Roman, Daphne, Andrew, Aris, Hal and any other people involved in the organization of this superlative event. I am looking forward to any future tournaments in Sault Ste. Marie. All the best and create a great weekend!

Cheers Sincerely yours,

Craig J. McGilly

Comment

Originally posted by Craig J. McGilly View Post
                Dear ChessTalk,

You will be glad to know that I would like to reiterate the above comments about the 2017 Canadian Open Chess Championship. Again, Thank You to Roman, Daphne, Andrew, Aris, Hal and any other people involved in the organization of this superlative event. I am looking forward to any future tournaments in Sault Ste. Marie. All the best and create a great weekend!

Cheers Sincerely yours,

Craig J. McGilly
                Re your phrase: "I am looking forward to any future tournaments in Sault Ste. Marie." - I've heard some good rumours!

Comment

Working...
                X