One way out of 2017 Canadian Closed ultra-mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way out of 2017 Canadian Closed ultra-mess

Canadian chess is currently suffering through one of the most serious crises in its by no means smooth existence.

The situation surrounding the 2017 Canadian Closed's odorous conclusion has placed the judgement and integrity of GM Bator Sambuev in grave disrepute. The CFC's National Appeals Committee's hideously flawed 'treatment' of IM Nikolay Noritsyn's appeal of same has shown central and disturbing issues of disregard for 'natural justice' principles, outlined in domestic and international law.

I have a proposal to solve the situation, without forgetting that the Rules of Chess are imprecise on how to handle the key chess-related problem here, as my chesstalk post of July 10 previously outlined.

With the upcoming Kitchener 2017 Chess Festival, we will have an important chess event, combining several distinct facets, organized and directed by Canada's premier arbiter and organizer, IA / IO Hal Bond. We have the playing site, and a premier organizer and arbiter, already in place.

I know that Kitchener 2017 is NOT my event to organize or direct.

But, how about having GM Sambuev and IM Noritsyn square off in Kitchener, on neutral turf, in a four-game classical match, to break their tie from Montreal, disregarding (for going forward purposes) the blitz game 'result'. I propose that IM Noritsyn obtain 'draw odds' for this match, based on all that has already happened (win over GM Sambuev from Montreal, better tiebreak from crosstable, tied four-game quick chess match, ugly blitz playoff outcome). If this is accepted, FIDE is to be contacted with the latest information, including notice of this match's occurrence, for rating purposes. The winner would become Canada's representative to the 2017 World Cup, as well as earning the spot on the Olympiad team 2018.

Respectfully submitted,
    Frank Dixon :)
    NTD, Kingston

Re: One way out of 2017 Canadian Closed ultra-mess

Also make sure to have Pierre Dénommée as the arbiter...

Comment

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...ualifiers.html

"FIDE is publishing the player's contract for the World Cup 2017 to be held in Tbilisi, Georgia from 2 September (player's technical meeting) to 27 September 2017 (tiebreaks/closing ceremony). The qualified players are expected to fax or email scanned the original document of their signed contract to the FIDE Secretariat's fax number +30 2109212859 or email office@fide.com no later than Monday 17 July 2017, 14:00 GMT."
      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

There's still time, Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
          With the upcoming Kitchener 2017 Chess Festival ...
          But, how about having GM Sambuev and IM Noritsyn square off in Kitchener, on neutral turf, in a four-game classical match, to break their tie from Montreal, disregarding (for going forward purposes) the blitz game 'result'.
          The Kitchener Chess Festival runs Aug 4-7. Bator is scheduled to play in the Calgary International (Aug 2-7).

Nikolay and Bator are both chess professionals: they both make their living from lessons and tournaments.
          Any proposals or suggestions should take into account their expenses -- including time away from lessons and other professional opportunities -- and offer compensation.

At the risk of seeming rude, I'll remind everyone that Canada's titled players are not chess pieces, to be moved here or there when it seems like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
            At the risk of seeming rude, I'll remind everyone that Canada's titled players are not chess pieces, to be moved here or there when it seems like a good idea.

Right, only the NON-TITLED players are chess pieces (Pawns actually), to be moved here or there when it seems like a good idea.
            Only the rushing is heard...
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
            X