2017 Quebec Open, First obliteration of chess in the history of CANADA POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Quebec Open, First obliteration of chess in the history of CANADA POST

Information (Quebec Chess Federation web site)

CANADA POST will use a manual obliteration of chess at dates fixed from August 12 to 19, 2017 at the post office, 5 Rue Du Fort, in the Old Quebec city, Quebec city, Qc. You must request it ONLY ON-SITE.

THIS WILL OFFICIALLY BE THE FIRST OBLITERATION OF CHESS IN THE HISTORY OF CANADA POST.

DETAILS CONCERNING THIS OBLITERATION :

- TYPE OF OBLITERATION: manual, fixed dates

- DATES: August 12 to 19, 2017

- PLACE OF EMISSION: Quebec city, QC

- AVAILABILITY: ON REQUEST at the designated post office

- DESIGNATED PLACE: A single post office in Canada at 5, Rue Du Fort, in Old Quebec city, Quebec, QC G1R 2J0.

- SCHEDULE: Saturday 12th August 2017, 09h30 - 17h00

Sunday, August 13, 2017 CLOSED

Monday 14 to Friday 18 August 2017 08:00 to 19:30

Saturday 19 August 2017 09.30 - 17.00

- FIRST OBLITERATION OF CHESS IN CANADA POST HISTORY! (The obliteration was received on July 20, 2017 at the B.P. designated for future use.)

- DIAMETER (WIDTH): 35 mm

- PIECES: 3 black pieces: 2 riders, back to back, muzzles outwards, with a madman in the center.

(The black LOGO of the F.Q.E. is WITHOUT SPACE between the pieces and represents a fleur-de-lis, emblem of Quebec).

- TEXT (2 lines): 50th F. Q. ÉCHECS C.O.Q. 2017

- EXPLANATIONS: The Quebec Chess Federation will commemorate its 50th anniversary (1967 - 2017) during its 2017 Quebec Open Chess Championship, which will be held exceptionally in Quebec City, QC

- PROJECT INITIATOR: Gaétan Lapierre, philatelist of chess

Re: 2017 Quebec Open, First obliteration of chess in the history of CANADA POST

I would like to get a bunch of those post-marks. Is anyone available to walk to that post office and get the post-marks for me? Would the envelopes have to be mailed (danger of a 2nd post-mark ruining the original post-mark!) or would they hand back the envelopes (unlikely, I fear). Are any special envelopes being prepared for the event? Since you say the only way to do this is to be at the post office, I assume I can't mail my envelopes to the post office in question?

Thanks!

Comment

Re: 2017 Quebec Open, First obliteration of chess in the history of CANADA POST

Hi Ken,

I can take care of this for you.

Send me an e-mail.

Larry

Comment

Bravo FQE!

Charles: pour votre information, en anglais, " OBLITÉRATION" est un "mark", "stamp", ou "post-mark". En tout cas, merci de nous avoir informé.
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
        X