Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2004 Lipnowski-Mattson incident

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    There seems to be the lingering impression that in 2004 the CFC Executive overruled the NAC. That is not the case.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the ruling of the NAC was appealed, just that the application of the appeal came to the executive. I can see now I worded it a little bit ambiguously.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the ruling of the NAC was appealed, just that the application of the appeal came to the executive. I can see now I worded it a little bit ambiguously.
      Hi Chris:

Not a problem. It's been mentioned in other posts and in other threads (on the CFC meeting forum and in posts related to the recent Canadian Closed) that the 2004 matter was somehow resolved by an appeal to the Executive. I thought it best to clarify things.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
        Hi Chris:

Not a problem. It's been mentioned in other posts and in other threads (on the CFC meeting forum and in posts related to the recent Canadian Closed) that the 2004 matter was somehow resolved by an appeal to the Executive. I thought it best to clarify things.

Steve
        I don't remember if it was the same CO or the other Kapuskasing one but I think there was another incident too where a player was caught at the CFC store reading a book about a certain opening... which was the opening being played in their game back in the playing hall. That one didn't get appealed after the forfeit, AFAIK.

This whole trip down memory lane is definitely reminding me of how awkward the GLs were compared to the online meetings!
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
        X