Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing case of police brutality against black teen and cover up

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...aint-1.4250187

This should not happen in Canada or anywhere else.

Re: Disturbing case of police brutality against black teen and cover up

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...aint-1.4250187

This should not happen in Canada or anywhere else.
    True, Vlad, but this is a CHESS board. In theory, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      This kid could have been a chess player. This appears a random attack by a policeman based in part on stereotypes and racial prejudice. Since we consider everything else on Chesstalk then this seems like a good thing to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        This kid could have been a chess player. This appears a random attack by a policeman based in part on stereotypes and racial prejudice. Since we consider everything else on Chesstalk then this seems like a good thing to discuss.
        I agree with you, Vlad, and I'm glad you posted this.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

If you want things like that to happen less, then support politicians who listen to BLM.
          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
            I agree with you, Vlad, and I'm glad you posted this.
            Thank you Peter. In the Windsor Star and other sources the claim that this attack was related somehow to break ins was simply fabricated.

Comment

99% of police are good people. The other 1% cause problems like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                I agree. I have no idea why this is being posted here. In any event most of this is old news, at least in the GTA. What happened was disgusting, and the events of the due process are reported locally regularly and almost every day in the past two weeks.

This has nothing to do with chess. (Meanwhile certain stories that *do* have to do with chess can apparently get the board shut down, without even KGB agents being involved.)

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X