2017 Toronto Open - Pairings and Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Toronto Open - Pairings and Results

Thanks to everyone who is participating - 175 players registered!

We were pleased to have Toronto City Councillor, Joe Mihevc at our Opening Ceremonies this morning.

Pairings and results are posted on Chess-Results.

Other tournament info is on the ACC website.
    Last edited by Marcus Wilker; Saturday, 2nd September, 2017, 07:32 PM.
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Re: 2017 Toronto Open - Pairings and Results

VERY impressive tournament! 175 players, $8,000 in prizes AND a First Prize of $2,000 ! Have we ever had a weekends swiss here with a top prize of $2,000 ?

Comment

The Varennes tournament (near Montreal) Thanksgiving weekend will have a first prize of $2500 ($1700 last year).

http://www.echecsvarennes.ca/resources/Pub_En.pdf

Comment

Great result for Windsor's Rohan Talukdar going undefeated and tying for second with Nikolay Noritsyn and Victor Plotkin.

Comment

Rohan has come along way already. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            Rohan has come along way already. Congratulations!
            Rohan is really strong, but unlike most juniors, I believe he understands the subtleties in positions just as well as he calculates - both at very high levels. Many juniors are good, even great calculators, but Rohan I think has a feel for the position too, which is very rare considering his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
              Rohan is really strong, but unlike most juniors, I believe he understands the subtleties in positions just as well as he calculates - both at very high levels. Many juniors are good, even great calculators, but Rohan I think has a feel for the position too, which is very rare considering his age.
              I wish I could say it was his coaching but he was talented from the beginning. I would assign him chapters from a book for homework and when I would check he had always read the whole book and also remembered and retained the material in it. When he was about six he used to talk out loud to himself and what he was saying was quite accurate. He had an issue with confidence when he was rated about 900 USCF but he won a few under 1000 events and then his confidence and results exploded. Several GMs have said that he would become a GM.

Comment

Working...
              X