Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kovaliov playng in the World's Cup in Giorgia

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
    What has our «national» federation done about it so far ? Has it taken some action/protest to defend his player ? Don't wait until its too late...
    As I understand H.Bond wrote a protest almost the same day. Now they plan to make a proper protest/appeal on behalf for Anton (read other threads)

Comment

If I had a pair of shorts like Anton was wearing, I would send them off to Don Cherry :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        If I had a pair of shorts like Anton was wearing, I would send them off to Don Cherry :D :D
        And ... Don Cherry could do the same thing as Zurab did after losing his temper!??
        Last edited by Caesar Posylek; Thursday, 14th September, 2017, 05:13 PM. Reason: adding some words

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
          And ... Don Cherry could do the same thing as Zurab did, after losing his temper!??: cool:
          Obviously, Don Cherry has never lost his temper, as we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            As I understand H.Bond wrote a protest almost the same day. Now they plan to make a proper protest/appeal on behalf for Anton (read other threads)
            Could we see a copy of the protest letter to FIDE? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
              Could we see a copy of the protest letter to FIDE? Thanks.
              There is one Hal's letter and reply by Makro.
              http://www.fide.com/component/conten...of-canada.html

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                There is one Hal's letter and reply by Makro.
                http://www.fide.com/component/conten...of-canada.html
                The usual bullshit from FIDE. At least it makes it clear that all they give a damn about is the money (as if any of us had any doubts).
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Makro's response is disappointingly predictable. The key sentence is the one that claims Zarub has brought $14 million in fundraising to FIDE while later proclaiming that does not mean he is not accountable. And pigs can fly.

Comment

Makro's response does not even acknowledge the bad behaviour of Zarub. Totally bias in favour of Zarub and lays all the blame on Anton.
                    Totally unacceptable. More protesting required.

Let's ban Zarub, Kirsan, and Makro from all CFC events. Symbolic action of course, but WTF, let's do it anyway.
                    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 15th September, 2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Power corrupts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                        Makro's response does not even acknowledge the bad behaviour of Zarub. Totally bias in favour of Zarub and lays all the blame on Anton.
                        Totally unacceptable. More protesting required.

Let's ban Zarub, Kirsan, and Makro from all CFC events. Symbolic action of course, but WTF, let's do it anyway.
                        Bob, this will not help our case. Please refrain from such comments. I, Hal and the members of the Directors get to make the incendiary comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                          Bob, this will not help our case. Please refrain from such comments. I, Hal and the members of the Directors get to make the incendiary comments.
                          Do you think those FIDE cretins read Chesstalk? Or even care what is posted here or anywhere about them? They are completely incompetent and merely lining their pockets (think FIFA for a role model). I think Hal's letter was on point; what is required now is a more specific letter pointing out the bullshit in their response. In any case, all this hand waving and bluster may prove worthless because it is FIDE and they think they know what they are doing... and worse, they believe no one else knows anything.

The CFC should insist on:
                          - an apology from Z.A. and FIDE,
                          - payment to Anton for his performance,
                          - refund of any extraordinary expenses from changing travel arrangements
                          - possibly pursue further redress via whatever applicable court oversees FIDE (Court of Sport Arbitration?) [ http://www.tas-cas.org/en/index.html ]
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                            Do you think those FIDE cretins read Chesstalk? Or even care what is posted here or anywhere about them? They are completely incompetent and merely lining their pockets (think FIFA for a role model). I think Hal's letter was on point; what is required now is a more specific letter pointing out the bullshit in their response. In any case, all this hand waving and bluster may prove worthless because it is FIDE and they think they know what they are doing... and worse, they believe no one else knows anything.

The CFC should insist on:
                            - an apology from Z.A. and FIDE,
                            - payment to Anton for his performance,
                            - refund of any extraordinary expenses from changing travel arrangements
                            - possibly pursue further redress via whatever applicable court oversees FIDE (Court of Sport Arbitration?) [ http://www.tas-cas.org/en/index.html ]
                            You are absolutely right. Those FIDE guys don't care what the chess world people say or think or have their opinions. They do and act in whatever ways they want etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              Do you think those FIDE cretins read Chesstalk? Or even care what is posted here or anywhere about them?
                              I do not have to think about whether they read chesstalk. I have discussed chesstalk posts with one or two of them so yes they can have an effect and my impression is that they do care. I am willing to go to the mattresses* on this matter but as president I can expect and require that we avoid communications by the CFC which do not exactly reflect our own intentions. Insulting the judges in any matter is not the right strategy if you are hoping to get the outcome which you desire.

*Godfather OPR.

Comment

Dear Vlad, I respectfully disagree. Regardless of the past politics, which is now blood under the bridge, Anton was undermined by a person i witnessed in 2004 as unsavory. It reminds me somewhat of one of the times during the 2004 Olympiad during one of the times our team was on the stage, playing against a particular team, when their captain and "assistants" were standing behind our players and clearly deliberately attempting to interfere. I complained to the arbiters, and, luckily I found one who wasn't corruptible, who joined me in physically blocking these instigators. I so wish i was at the World Cup as an "assistant" to stand in between once more.

I applaud any public or private outrage over this. Unfortunately, given the state of FIDE corruption, there is no chance of recourse and certainly no remedy for Anton. Since we live in a free state, the least, and perhaps the most we can do, is to exercise our right to free speech and condemn the instigators. Perhaps one day with sufficient public outcry such nonsense and its instigators will be thrown out, with the full historical context they deserve.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X