Rated players under 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rated players under 1000

Then it seems to me that the only way to prevent this problem is to go back to the original rating ceilings. Sections at 200 rating points
    Create U800,U1000,U1200,U1400,U1600,U1800,U2000,U2200 and over 2200

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
      Then it seems to me that the only way to prevent this problem is to go back to the original rating ceilings. Sections at 200 rating points
      Hi John: Would you have this many actual sections?? You are asking the organizers to run a lot of simultaneous tournament, no?

Or do you envisage, a couple of 200 pt. groups in one section, with "class" prizes" within the sections?

I know you prefer lower prizes, but more broadly distributed.

Bob A

Comment

No Bob What I want is no Player be allowed to pay up and the sections are 200 points away. Because the CFC feels they need such low ratings which I feel are stupid then you need sections. We had 200 point spreads forever then the CFC decides that that is stupid so drops that idea.
        My reason for this post was that Organizers let lower rated players play up. I say stop this. By creating sections then you eliminate players moving up. I have no idea why you all think that I LIKE LOWER PRIZES. I want one section and the top 20 to win prizes. This is not about playing Juniors it is not about playing unruly kids its about stopping ratings being decimated by players who should not play up until they have a rating for the next section.
        If the parents think their children should play up then get the children to prove they can move up by getting out of the basement. The biggest problem with the whole system is organizers allowed children with low ratings to play in mostly Adult tournaments. They act like children, they behave like children, they have no manners and they should not be playing in adult tournaments against adults until they have a rating comparable to adult ratings 1600 +. I was not allowed to do it when I was 18 so why should a lower rated 6-7 year old be allowed to do it? The system is a money grabbing hole. That is why adults do not want to play in tournaments with children. The adults want to play good games with competitive ratings. The CFC and Chess and Math created low ratings and that is the major problem. If you want older adults to still play chess then put a cork on this problem. Or just run junior tournaments and forget about adults playing in these joke tournaments.
        Last edited by John Brown; Wednesday, 4th October, 2017, 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Re. Pro sections demand -

Instead of a Pro...sec, try a Pro..zac?

Comment

Unpractical, because for most tournaments, you're gonna have sections with just a few players. And tighter sections just give another incentive for players to move up.

I'm not against moving up per se, but I feel it should certainly be limited to some extent.

Comment

imho, the section rating ranges should be form a tournament of 20-30 players 5 rounds. However, it's hard to predict who and when is coming...

Comment

Tournament organizers have been responsive to this new group of extremely low-rated players. Hart House had an under 1300 Section while Aurora has under 1300 and under 900 sections. The old 3-division tournaments with Novice being under 1600 are no longer acceptable. Can't put players 600 to 1,000 rating points apart in the same section. There should be a rating floor for all sections.

Comment

Then just get rid of U1600 players and let them play in their own separate tournaments or group , But stop moving players up.

Comment

Working...
                  X