Candidates Tournament 2018 Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Candidates Tournament 2018 Berlin

One of my 2 favorite players in this tournament finished dead last, but another one was clear first!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
      One of my 2 favorite players in this tournament finished dead last, but another one was clear first!
      Considering they didn't make a collective 50% you can't ask for better distribution.
      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Absolutely! Yesterday's game Caruana-Aronian was likely the first game ever in which I was rooting against Levon.

Comment

Before the start of the tournament, I made a friendly bet with a very strong Canadian player. Each of us took 3 players for the win.

I took Aronian, Kramnik, Caruana.

He took Karjakin, Mamedyarov, Caruana.

Order was not important.

Even though we both had a winner on our list, I have to say that my opponent's success was just unbelievable. He predicted all 3 top-finishers. The probability of this is about 1/56 (56 different combinations of 3 out of 8).

Comment

Fabulous Fabiano did it in style! Last round win with the black pieces to finish clear first!

Comment

Thanks to Eric, Yasser, Aman, and Robin for the great commentary at chessbrahs. You guys rock!

Comment

Working...
              X