Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Open Letter to FIDE from the CFC

Originally posted by Brent Golem View Post
    This Anand conspiracy theory is not plausible. Why would they take action the round AFTER he played Anand, instead of while he played Anand? Maybe it was because Anton was getting more press as an underdog that ZA realized that he didn't like what Anton was wearing. But, at the end of the day, there doesn't need to be a conspiracy for the man to act like a jerk.
    I do agree that there doesn't need to be a conspiracy for someone to act like a jerk.

What is it about this that makes my suggestion a "conspiracy theory"?

Anand, or someone who knows him, might have mentioned it to ZA after Anand was knocked out. After that, ZA sprang into action. Cause and effect; not conspiracy.

If someone was claiming that the Federation of Anton's next opponent had secretly induced ZA to upset Anton just before his round 3.1 game\ and ZA and that Federation were continuing to conceal the fact.... that would be a conspiracy.

Comment

And maybe, just maybe ZA singled out Anton because he said he was quitting the tournament after round 2? Then the shorts became a very good excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Golem View Post
        This Anand conspiracy theory is not plausible. Why would they take action the round AFTER he played Anand, instead of while he played Anand? Maybe it was because Anton was getting more press as an underdog that ZA realized that he didn't like what Anton was wearing. But, at the end of the day, there doesn't need to be a conspiracy for the man to act like a jerk.
        Agreed. The conspiracy theory smacks of the same desperation as seen in the verbose (with shades of puerility) open letter to dear Mr. Makropoulos.

Comment

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate.

Comment

Anton was humiliated.

Your verbose open letter (with shades of puerility) is sooo far less of the aggressive rebuke that Anton so rightly deserves ...that it is simply disappointing.

Sorry ... but there's no hate here.

Speaking of which ... please pull your head out of FIDE's ass long enough to find the Chess Federation of Canada's missing $60,000.00.

Must be hard to see the light when your head is stuck up FIDE's ass, huh Drkulec?
            Last edited by Neil Frarey; Tuesday, 19th September, 2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
              Anton was humiliated.

Your verbose open letter (with shades of puerility) is sooo far less of the aggressive rebuke that Anton so rightly deserves ...that it is simply disappointing.

Sorry ... but there's no hate here.

Speaking of which ... please pull your head out of FIDE's ass long enough to find the Chess Federation of Canada's missing $60,000.00.

Must be hard to see the light when your head is stuck up FIDE's ass, huh Drkulec?
              Hi Neil,

How exactly would you have written the letter or improved upon it? I honestly thought it was the right level in many ways. Remember this is an effort by several people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
                Hi Neil,

How exactly would you have written the letter or improved upon it? I honestly thought it was the right level in many ways. Remember this is an effort by several people too.
                It was mostly me with some help from the people that I have identified. It struck the tone required to get what positive results are still possible here. I don't have the luxury of dealing with trolls at this time. Frarey and Bonham are irrelevant. I'm busy. The adults are busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                  It was mostly me with some help from the people that I have identified. It struck the tone required to get what positive results are still possible here. I don't have the luxury of dealing with trolls at this time. Frarey and Bonham are irrelevant. I'm busy. The adults are busy.
                  Hi Vlad, yes of course. My point is it is easier to sit back and criticize than actually come up with something. This as opposed to opening the door for a complete upheaval. Not going to happen.

Comment

Hi Vlad, yes of course. My point is it is easier to sit back and criticize than actually come up with something. This as opposed to opening the door for a complete upheaval. Not going to happen.
                    Don't be so sure. All options are on the table. At this point, I still hope that FIDE will do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      Don't be so sure. All options are on the table. At this point, I still hope that FIDE will do the right thing.
                      I'm curious about the definition of "the right thing" ... any sort of apology from Z.A. would strike me as completely fabricated and therefore worthless. I actually assume FIDE would pony up Anton's prize money - that is almost a no brainer (but of course we ARE dealing with FIDE). I actually cannot imagine what FIDE could do to make any aspect of this 'right'. I guess we will have to see if they actually DO anything at all except exchange letters...
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Personally, what i would like to see as "the right thing" would be as follows:

1) Anton being paid in full for winning the first 2 rounds.
                        2) ZA being prevented from being in the same building as where the Olympiad is being held while it is taking place.

Comment

Hi Neil,

Hi Mavros,

I would begin & end by stressing, in polite civilized forceful terms, how upset (as in really really pissed off) we are as a chess federation, as chess players in Canada and as a civilized citizens of the world.

I would NOT begin by thanking Makropoulos, I would NOT begin by kissing Makropoulus's FIDE ass, I would NOT begin by appaulding Azmaiparashvili.

To repeat, I would begin by stressing how pissed off we are as a chess federation, as chess players in Canada and go to some length of that condition! Including a mini lecture on how WE treat each other and expect others to treat us!! It's us, you, me, Anton, everyone here in Canada, Anton's home crew, that comes first in this 'Open Letter'. Not Makropoulos and certainly not Azmaiparashvili.

From there Mav I would maintain the tension by keeping letter on a knife's edge staying focused on how Anton was so brutally treated and list a few bullet points of reparations we expect to be forthcoming.

And end the letter, with respect.

Start on point, stay on point, end on point ...to mention anything else only dilutes/diminishes the significance of our position.
                          Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 20th September, 2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I think you're bang on about staying on point, Neil. Perhaps the CFC's letter ought to also threaten to pull out of FIDE as well. After all, what use is FIDE to Canada if one of our representatives in the cycle is so treated like dirt that they feel the need to quit playing for the chess throne?
                            Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                            Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                              Personally, what i would like to see as "the right thing" would be as follows:

1) Anton being paid in full for winning the first 2 rounds.
                              2) ZA being prevented from being in the same building as where the Olympiad is being held while it is taking place.

Your preferences are of no relevance, especially when it comes to "the right thing" which you avoid doing yourself like everyone else.

What has happened to both Noritsyn and Kovalyev is (unfortunately for those 2 young men) karma for Canadian chess. There are no heroes out there. Drkulec says the adults are busy.... busy keeping up appearances.... and hating 50% of the population.
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                                I think you're bang on about staying on point, Neil. Perhaps the CFC's letter ought to also threaten to pull out of FIDE as well. After all, what use is FIDE to Canada if one of our representatives in the cycle is so treated like dirt that they feel the need to quit playing for the chess throne?
                                I share the outrage, but threatening something that is not going to happen is Trumpian.
                                I do not think anyone at FIDE would read anything past such a statement.
                                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X