Chess graphic du jour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess graphic du jour

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Monday, 9th October, 2017, 03:40 AM.

Re: Chess graphic du jour

Comment

Very interesting, thanks Neil!

The first graphic resembles somewhat an outline of Canada (with the Pacific Coast all the way to California). Which made me think: might you be interested to create a similar design, using a combination of chess pieces to really represent a map of Canada? Either an outline in black and white, as you just did, or maybe even with pieces filled with different colours, to represent the Atlantic Provinces, Quebec, Ontario, the Prairies, and the West?!

Similarly, in your second design, the idea of using an 'E' letter as a place for symbols and emblems is very appealing. Can there be a variation with the Maple Leaf there? Or even more dramatically, to base each letter in the word 'chess' on a coat of arms of a major province?
      Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; Monday, 9th October, 2017, 02:52 PM. Reason: Misspelled "Canada", "second" and "coat". :-(

Comment

Great comments Vadim, thanks! Inspiration for future graphics!

The first graphic is simply a study in contrasts, on a few levels. The second graphic the inclusion of LGBT rainbow into the community of chess, showing chess's cultural diversity. The coming third graphic, an animation, I have to admit I've been holding back ...is a disturbing social commentary.

Comment

Comment

I like this one best. Clutch the King.

Comment

Thanks bro ...fist full of king!

Comment

©
                Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 25th January, 2018, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X