Some excellent used books have arrived at our Ottawa location!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some excellent used books have arrived at our Ottawa location!

Come and see us for some great deals!

Strategy Games (613-565-3662)
    250 Bank Street
    Ottawa, ON
    (north of Somerset)

Re: Some excellent used books have arrived at our Ottawa location!

October 4, 2017

It would seem to me to be a simple thing to just list the titles of the used books, with author and cost in this forum.

Then, obsessive collectors, of which I happen to be one, could salivate over them and order what titles they favour.

Of course, the case against listing them is that customers will come into the store and you won’t have to mail them out.

But, amazon has made the listing, buying online and mailing out option work rather well. Might even be a trend of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post

October 4, 2017

It would seem to me to be a simple thing to just list the titles of the used books, with author and cost in this forum.

Then, obsessive collectors, of which I happen to be one, could salivate over them and order what titles they favour.

Of course, the case against listing them is that customers will come into the store and you won’t have to mail them out.

But, amazon has made the listing, buying online and mailing out option work rather well. Might even be a trend of the future.
      I agree, post those titles ...L.B..

I just picked up a few books today! Some from Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and some from his epic series Sin City!!!

Be terrific if he did some chess posters!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
        I just picked up a few books today! Some from Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and some from his epic series Sin City!!!
        Sold my original Dark Knight Returns a year ago. Also sold the following:

Batman Year One - Frank Miller
        Watchmen 12 part series - Alan Moore
        Marvel Secret Wars
        Spiderman 200 - First Appearance of Venon
        A complete run of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing series.
        V for Vendetta - Alan Moore
        DC Crisis on Infinite Earth - Death of the FLash and Death of Super Girl
        Suicide Squad - Issue #1
        Over 100 Issues of John Constantine - Hellblazer
        First 10 issues of the Preacher.

Plus another 500 comics. Got a grand for the lot. Man, I loved comics in the eighties. Now all memories. :(

Comment

Of course, the case against listing them is that customers will come into the store and you won’t have to mail them out..
          Take pictures and upload somewhere. It will take less time than to write down all titles.

Comment

Originally posted by garland best View Post
            sold my original dark knight returns a year ago. Also sold the following:

Batman year one - frank miller
            watchmen 12 part series - alan moore
            marvel secret wars
            spiderman 200 - first appearance of venon
            a complete run of alan moore's swamp thing series.
            V for vendetta - alan moore
            dc crisis on infinite earth - death of the flash and death of super girl
            suicide squad - issue #1
            over 100 issues of john constantine - hellblazer
            first 10 issues of the preacher.

Plus another 500 comics. Got a grand for the lot. Man, i loved comics in the eighties. Now all memories. :(
            Wow! Even tho my buddies own a couple of comic book shops I didn't get into that scene at all.

Until now :) Even still, I'm super selective. I look for the strong graphic qualities. Some of the writing is good too, but I really enjoy the strong composition of the graphics.

If I was to rebrand the CFC I would do it in the style of Miller/Hokusai/Harris with twist of Tarantino/Hiroshige.
            Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 5th October, 2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

October 4, 2017

The drawback to listing the titles (or posting pictures of the shelf of them etc) is that one then has to *maintain* the list or update the pictures and answer queries about which ones are still available etc. A lot of maintenance for books that are a random collection and in a remote location to boot (sorry Ottawa, about the "remote" comment - it is all relative).
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Is Toronto really the centre of the universe to everyone?
                Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                  Is Toronto really the centre of the universe to everyone?
                  For everyone who lives here... ;)
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    For everyone who lives here... ;)
                    I live in Ottawa, and even I think of Toronto as THE CENTRE of all things!

Comment

For me writing trumps graphics. Hence my love of the work of Alan Moore, Rick Veicht, and (number one by far) Neil Gaiman. Read his Sandman series. Among the highlights:

1) Death is a sassy 20 year old goth chick who loves life more than anyone else.
                      2) Shakespeare performs a Midsummer's Night Dream in front of all the Fairy folk in the play.
                      3) Lucifer says he is done ruling hell and quits. Who wants the job?
                      4) A guy from 1000 AD asks to live forever and Dream grants his wish. Once every century he meets up with Dream to discuss his life.
                      5) A writer kidnaps a greek muse and abuses her for inspiration to write best-selling novels.
                      6) An immortal superhero wants only to die, but her powers mean her attempts at suicide all fail.

Great stuff all! But with the exception of the comic covers (Which are GREAT), the artwork is meh.

PS: Read Gaiman's novels as well. American Gods was my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                      X