NAYCC now open to bids in off years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC now open to bids in off years

In response to the NAYCC which took place in New Jersey in 2017 which was somewhat deficient in a number of respects we have been asked why Canada did not bid as this was the only bid that FIDE America had to consider. It now appears that we can bid in off years when it is not really Canada's turn. This may be a good and a bad thing.

Re: NAYCC now open to bids in off years

Hi Vlad,

Where can I find the requirements by FIDE and or FIDE America for thsi?

Thanks

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      Hi Vlad,

Where can I find the requirements by FIDE and or FIDE America for thsi?

Thanks

Larry
      https://www.fideamerica.com/index.ph...juveniles-2017

https://www.fideamerica.com/index.ph...ncias-cca-2017

The only other regulation that I am aware of that I don't find specified is that you are required to pay $20 US to FIDE America per player. I know that this rule passed at the last Congress in Baku after Hal Bond raised an objection to a proposed $40 U.S. fee per player to FIDE America. The fee was $15 US per player when we did it in 2016.

They appear to have reduced the required support payment for official players from 100% to 60%. They increased the payment to the head of the Appeals Committee $1200 US vs $1000 previously and even specified what the chief arbiter shall be paid $1500 US. That seems new to me and I did have access to a list of regulations prior to Windsor bidding.

I believe that the application has to come through and have the support of the CFC but who knows.
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 5th October, 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Any bid for the NAYCC must come through the CFC. If we have competing bids the CFC must choose and submit one.

Comment

Hal,

I read on the CFC website that 2018 has been awarded but I did not see who is organizing the event...can you help? Also for 2019, CMA could be interested in putting in a bid. ..sorry if this is already common knowledge...what is required and how do we proceed? All I found on the CFC site was:

Bids for 2019 events - normal deadline is the 2018 CFC AGM

Early Bids for 2019 events will be considered by the voting members

2019 North American Youth Chess Championships

A parent recently suggested a brilliant way to better present the ridiculous FIDE fees for this event...so that it is transparent as to where the money is going :) So I think we can do this event (not that I like giving all this money (I think it works out to close to $40 per player!) to FIDE America)

Larry

Comment

NAYCC 2018 will be in Mexico. There may be a problem with 2019. Being able to bid in off years is a double edged sword which may have cut us in a surprising way. Hal is working on it. Putting the bids in for the 2018 AGM meeting will not cut it with FIDE America.

Comment

Thanks Vlad!

Please keep us in the loop.

Larry

Comment

Working...
              X