The Saskatchewan Chess Federation returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saskatchewan Chess Federation returns!

Hello everyone!

My name is Tom Boshoff, I am the chairman of the newly-created Saskatchewan Chess Federation. After 14 years of inactivity, Saskatchewan finally has a provincial chess organization again! We will work to promote chess clubs, tournaments, and events throughout our province. We also plan on holding the 2019 Canadian Open and CYCC for the first time ever in SK.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaskChessFederation/

Email: saskchessfederation@gmail.com

Re: The Saskatchewan Chess Federation returns!

Best of luck! I looked into traveling to Saskatchewan a while back and found out I could fly Ontario to London for cheaper than Ontario to Regina. But again, best of luck.

Comment

(keeping off-topic) - I can fly from Montreal to Vancouver (return) next week for $883; I can fly from Montreal to Honolulu (return) next week for $711.

Good luck to Saskatchewan chess!

Comment

Congratulations and Thanks Tom to you and your associates who have revived chess in Saskatchewan.
        I look forward to the 2019 Canadian Open. Put me on your preregistered list. :)

Comment

Bravo Tom! Welcome back "into the fold", and congratulations to you and your colleagues for reviving the Saskatchewan Chess Federation. Your great province experiences an unprecedented economic growth, and it's great to see that positive changes are coming to organized chess, too.

Kudos to the CFC leadership for all the behind-the-scenes work to make it happen.

Comment

Best of luck. Let me know if we can co-operate on tournament schedule, etc...

Vlad Rekhson
            President
            Alberta Chess Association

Comment

Good on SCF but spare us the propaganda

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
              Your great province experiences an unprecedented economic growth, and it's great to see that positive changes are coming to organized chess, too.
              lol. Spare us your propaganda for the brutal austerity regime of Wall (and whoever replaces him). I rather doubt the Sask Party has done anything to help chess.

They have, however, continued the war on the poor, with a recent budget that shocked many people by its heartless brutality. Cuts to income assistance, education, housing supports, the entire provincial bus system, libraries, hearing aid funding, and lots of other important and vital public services. That's what happens when a 2/3 Billion $ deficit is placed on the backs of ordinary people. Future plans to sell off low income housing will undoubtedly win many friends among the super-rich. Not so much among those made homeless by such jackboot decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to tax children's "trick or treat" treats tonight.

Good on Sask chess for their success. But spare us the propaganda.
              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

CONGRATS!

What is the history of Saskatchewan's province wide chess organizations? Did both the Saskatchewan Chess Association and Saskatchewan Chess Federation co-exist?

I found this sad article on GM Asparagus's site:
                https://kevinspraggettonchess.wordpr...alls-it-quits/

I've traveled Saskatchewan twice ... beautiful prairie land ...as flat as flat can flat.

Comment

Working...
                X