Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017/2018 Canadian Women's Closed

Dec 26-31 in Montreal

Winner qualifies for the 2018 Canadian Women's Olympic Team and the next Women's World Championship Tournament (probably in the 2nd half of 2018)

http://online.flipbuilder.com/hwhh/dskp/

(Double click on image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Fred McKim; Friday, 3rd November, 2017, 07:48 PM.

Re: 2017/2018 Canadian Women's Closed

The publicity mentions the proximity of the site to the Lachine canal....it's a good half mile away, and the part that's nearby will probably be drained. Not exactly a tourist attraction in the winter.

Comment

Is this 2017 or 2018 Canadian Women Closed? Based on the date when it will be held I would dare to say 2017. Otherwise, it will be similar to the answer of the question "In what month is celebrated the great October revolution?"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
        Is this 2017 or 2018 Canadian Women Closed? Based on the date when it will be held I would dare to say 2017. Otherwise, it will be similar to the answer of the question "In what month is celebrated the great October revolution?"
        I think we were anticipating someone holding the next CWC in the summer of 2018. Perhaps for that reason, the organizers called it the 2018 CWC. Maybe we can figure this out by the time of the tournament - I don't think it actually affects anything, except perhaps confusing FIDE.

Comment

Working...
        X