RIP Ireneus (Ireneusz) Suchorski (1927-2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ireneus (Ireneusz) Suchorski (1927-2017)

The name of Ireneus Suchorski rang a bell when I saw the obit in today's Montreal "Gazette". It turns out he was the winner of the 1960 Montreal Open (68 players in a 10-round Swiss - one game a week), and was fairly active for a few years around that time. He played in Poland before coming to Montreal around 1958. I may have seen him in my earlier chess days, but never heard about him from others.

"SUCHORSKI, Ireneusz Jan, P. Eng. 1927 - 2017 It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of our family patriarch, Ireneusz Suchorski, on November 2, 2017. He is survived by his wife Wieslawa; his two children Anna (Serge) and Mariusz (Maria); along with his three grandchildren, Alicia (Scott), Thomas, and Caroline; and in Vancouver by his brother-in-law, Boguslaw Nizio (Sheila). In Poland, he is survived by his two sisters Janina and Teresa and a remaining brother Andrzej and their families. Visitation will be held at J. J. Cardinal, 560 Lakeshore, Dorval on Monday (November 6) in the afternoon from 2 to 4 p.m. Funeral services will be on Tuesday (November 7) at 10 a.m. at the Polish Mission Church located at the Resurrection of our Lord Church, situated at 34, 34th Ave., Lachine. Burial will be at Lakeview Memorial Garden on Donegani in Pointe Claire. Our sincere thanks to the doctors, nurses and aides at the West Island Palliative Care Residence. In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory to the West Island Palliative Care Residence Foundation would be appreciated."
Working...
X