X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chess Attacker’s Handbook

The Chess Attacker’s Handbook

November 11, 2017

John Upper mentioned the upcoming book with the title above in his post on the Panamerican Youth Championship

http://forum.chesstalk.com/showthrea...r%27s+handbook

Details of the book:

Author: Song, Michael / Preotu, Razvan

Title: The Chess Attacker's Handbook

The book brings about 85 annotated and explained examples from practical games on the attack and about 100 examples of exercises. The material is divided into 14 chapters by theme, indexes of players and openings at the end. The authors, IM Song and GM Preotu, are the two highest-rated Canadian juniors, and are both coached by Evgeny Bareev. A sample of the book is available on publishers website gambitbooks.com

Place of publication: London

Publisher: Gambit

Year of publication: 2017

Edition: 1st edition

Pages: 176p

Binding: Paperback

Language: English + Figurine notation

Diagrams: many

Book size: Large 8vo (23-25 cm)

The Gambit Publications site says:

“The authors’ over-the-board successes are not based on mere bravado or trickery, but on a profound understanding of the chessboard struggle and thought process. Song and Preotu consider the role of manoeuvring and prophylactic thought, and examine attacks in the endgame, as well as more standard topics such as play on colour complexes and when and how to launch the pawns in an all-out assault.

And because life’s too short to read a boring chess book, the text is packed with advice, study suggestions and anecdotes as well as quotes and references to philosophy and other ‘real-world’ topics. Their examples are drawn from their own practice and their supergrandmaster trainer, as well as modern classics and older gems. Most of their material you will not have seen before; the rest you will not have seen explained this way before.”

And there is a link to download a pdf of a chapter by Razvan entitled “The King as an Attacking Force”

Re: The Chess Attacker’s Handbook

Price? Or did I miss it.

Comment

Re: The Chess Attacker’s Handbook

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Price? Or did I miss it.
      List price is $29.50 Canadian I believe. Its a nice book from what I have seen of it. Lots of instructive examples and great for lessons with stronger students.
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Saturday, 11th November, 2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X