Anyone have Fritz 16 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Fritz 16 yet?

Just curious if Fritz 16 is worth getting over Fritz 15? I currently am using Deep Fritz 13 but running the Houdini engine. I don't really care about the engine itself but I am curious to know if all the other new features are worth it compared to either DF13, or Fritz 15 which is currently on sale on Steam for $20. Thanks.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Re: Anyone have Fritz 16 yet?

I almost got it when Chessbase had a 25% off sale last week but decided to do without when I reflected back on how often I used the 2900+ Fritz 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      Fritz 15 which is currently on sale on Steam for $20. Thanks.
      Does it come with a playchess 6 months access?

As for 16, don't know. I did not buy during 25% discount event after converting eu to cad. Thought, that 4-5 books might give a better value.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Does it come with a playchess 6 months access? As for 16, don't know. I did not buy during 25% discount event after converting eu to cad. Thought, that 4-5 books might give a better value.
        It does, but apparently that's not the easiest thing to get working via the Steam interface.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Yes. Bought it at a deep discount. Still not worth it. The engine is inferior to Houdini or even Stockfish and the interface is kludgy compared to F13.

Comment

Strategy Games just received Fritz 16. The suggested retail price in Canada is $99.95. Tomorrow is Black Friday. Send me a link to a site that is offering it for less, and we will beat that price by 10%...don't forget to include shipping in your calculations. Yes we will beat everyone on this...including the Amazons of the world.

This offer is valid all day on Friday November 24, 2017 if you send me an e-mail: bevand at chess hyphen math dot org

We still have 10 copies of Fritz 15 left in stock...make us an offer :).

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...EN&code=O-2114

Larry Bevand

Comment

Working...
            X