Politics Thread or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Punch Fascists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics Thread or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Punch Fascists

AL Governor: I believe Roy Moore molested and abused children but I'll vote for him because he's Republican

This woman has the same butchered reasoning as certain ChessTalk luminaries. Some people will always support their own interests, even if it means submitting to the most Faustian of Faustian bargains imaginable.

Personally, I am a moral anti-realist, so I don't believe any of that juvenile nonsense about good and evil. So, I wouldn't say these people are bad in any particular way. I would, however, say that they are aesthetically disgusting.

I'll end this post on a cheerful note. Here's a song I discovered yesterday that even conservative garbage can hopefully appreciate.
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Re: Does Ben Find Himself "aesthetically disgusting"?

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
    AL Governor: I believe Roy Moore molested and abused children but I'll vote for him because he's Republican

This woman has the same butchered reasoning as certain ChessTalk luminaries. Some people will always support their own interests, even if it means submitting to the most Faustian of Faustian bargains imaginable.

Personally, I am a moral anti-realist, so I don't believe any of that juvenile nonsense about good and evil. So, I wouldn't say these people are bad in any particular way. I would, however, say that they are aesthetically disgusting.

I'll end this post on a cheerful note. Here's a song I discovered yesterday that even conservative garbage can hopefully appreciate.
    In 1975, before she married Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham defended a child rapist in Arkansas court. She was not a public defender. No one ordered her to take the case. An ambitious young lawyer, she was asked by a friend if she would represent the accused, and she agreed. In the audio tapes from a 1980s interview she admits that she knew of his guilt despite the fact that he found a way to defeat the polygraph. She find's it amusing. She filed an affidavit with the court accusing the 12 year old rape victim of being disturbed and having fantasies. This smear tactic later became her MO against numerous victims of her husbands sexual abuse episodes. She got the rapist off Scot free as the forensic lab had misplaced a key piece of physical evidence (a piece of his underwear with the victims blood on it) that they already had analyzed and proved it was the victims blood.
    What was disturbing was her laughing about getting someone who was guilty of such a terrible crime off with virtually no punishment even though they were indeed found guilty and Hillary herself agreed that he was guilty. I don't see why you would not find people who would support a person like Hillary for their own "selfish reasons" despite her numerous shortcomings including the one cited above as also "aesthetically disgusting". I can't imagine that you consider yourself "aesthetically disgusting" so your post really does not make any sense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=724IMVqvzgY

Comment

Re: Politics Thread or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Punch Fascists

An interesting article about what was really behind Trump's 2016 victory (in the author's carefully considered opinion, of course):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...lusion/546356/
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

My Liberalism Is More Beautiful Than Your Fascism

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg
        Originally posted by anyone
        anything, ever, under any circumstance
        blah blah blah Hillary Clinton killed 33 people and pissed on my lawn
        Never change, snowflake.
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
          An interesting article about what was really behind Trump's 2016 victory (in the author's carefully considered opinion, of course):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...lusion/546356/
          Great article. It reminds me of something in this article from The Atlantic by Ta-Nehisi Coates:

Studying the 2016 election, the political scientist Philip Klinkner found that the most predictive question for understanding whether a voter favored Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump was “Is Barack Obama a Muslim?”
          But, remember, according to ChessTalk's racism expert, Tom "that dude who thinks bragging about sexual assault is normal locker room talk" O'Donnell, people who think Obama is a Kenyan-born Muslim aren't racist.

So, Peter, regarding more current events, is Flynn going to be the fall guy or is he just the first domino to tip over?

Comment

Re: My Liberalism Is More Beautiful Than Your Fascism

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
            Never change, snowflake.
            Never change Bigot.
            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 5th December, 2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

He's got to be the domino that will bring the house down!! I'm looking forward to that day.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                He's got to be the domino that will bring the house down!! I'm looking forward to that day.
                Waiting for Godot.

Comment

Working...
                X