2009 Zonal - updates, rules addendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Zonal - updates, rules addendum

The 2009 Canadian Closed and Zonal Championship will take place from August 7-16, at the University of Guelph.

In light of FIDE's new "zero default" rule, please note that the tournament regulations for our 2009 Zonal hereby state otherwise:

Players shall only receive a time forfeit 60 minutes after the start of the round.

For accommodations, the Best Western Hotel (formerly the Ramada), located directly across the road from the University, is offering a rate of $93.00 per nite, single or double occupancy, for the duration of the tournament. This rate includes breakfast (full continental plus an egg and waffle station)!

To reserve your room, call 1-800-563-9240 and mention the Canadian Chess Competition.

Re: 2009 Zonal - updates, rules addendum

Is there a pre-registered list available? Thanks.

Comment

Preregistered

Hi Keith - I seem to recall an email from you but I could not find it. I have taken the liberty of adding your name to the prereg list. Please let me know if am wrong.

The list is rather short at the moment but here goes. Players may register by email to halbond@sympatico.ca and pay on site. I will also be in Edmonton on Monday and Tuesday of the Canadian Open. If I don't have your money on August 7 (Opening Ceremonies) you won't be playing.

Sorted by FIDE rating we have thus far:

Porper, IM Edward 2448
      Hansen, FM Eric 2423
      Noritsyn, IM Nikolay 2381
      Panjwani, FM Raja 2350
      Livshits, IM Ron 2332
      Haessel, FM Dale 2204
      Yuan, WFM Yuanling 2203
      Arsenault Nicolas 2161
      MacKinnon Keith 2148
      Jung, FM Hans 2132
      Martchenko Alex 2039
      Vincent Trevor /15

Comment

Re: Preregistered

Nihil bump

Oh yeah, the dates of play are Aug 8-16.

Comment

Is there a website to watch for the preregistered list of players to be regularly updated prior to the start of that tournament?

Comment

I will update the list here on Chess Talk

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
              The 2009 Canadian Closed and Zonal Championship will take place from August 7-16, at the University of Guelph.

In light of FIDE's new "zero default" rule, please note that the tournament regulations for our 2009 Zonal hereby state otherwise:

Players shall only receive a time forfeit 60 minutes after the start of the round.
              1. Zonal means it feeds into the Interzonal which feeds into the Interzonal which feeds into Candidates which leads to a match with the WC right?

2. This "zero default" rule replaces the "instant forfeit" rule I take it?

Comment

The zonal feeds into the World Cup, which will qualify 1 player to the final 8 if I recall right. It basically replaces the interzonal

Zero default means that you forfeit if you are not at the board for the start of the round. I am sticking to the old 60 minute grace period for this event.

Comment

Re: 2009 Zonal - Pre-registered Update?

Hi Hal:

Is there a website where the pre-registered players are listed?

If not, the last update was July 8 - can we now get another update?

Thanks - know you must be busy in Kitchener with the Women's Closed/Zonal and the Can. Amateur.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X