Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hart House & Chesstalk Advertising

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    If you look for current HH execs, you would see that none of them are active posters (even members) on chesstalks.
    Hi Egis:

Thanks for doing the research. So I guess that option of exec's advising us on CT is not going to happen.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Thanks for doing the research. So I guess that option of exec's advising us on CT is not going to happen.
      I chatted with one of them, and yes, they gave Alex a green light to write what was written.

Long time ago someone told me - a good deal is when both sides are not happy. This one is a good deal :)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Kirby View Post
        The title of this thread is "Hart House & Chesstalk Advertising." Nothing about feminism or politics. If you want to discuss these issues, take it elsewhere, it shouldn't be in this thread.
        Thread drift happens, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          If you look for current HH execs, you would see that none of them are active posters (even members) on chesstalks.
          A wise policy. Perhaps the CFC exec should follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanja Vukosavljevic View Post

Women have been silenced and pushed around throughout history. It is 2018. My heart broke when I read this message and breaks when I see little girls play in tournaments and what awaits them.

No one rose against Mavros's message.
            What awaits the little girls is a lot of fun. For those that persevere they can go on to represent Canada and make friends from around the world and later attend prestigious schools in Canada and the United States in part because of the experiences that they had in chess.

No one rose against Mavros's message because in this case you are in the wrong. Alex did have the blessing of the Hart House executive for his posts.

Comment

It's funny how site is asking for paid advertising with the potential of making.. wait .. dozens of dollars a year! Then come others upset that the site owners is trying to make .. wait. . DOZENS of dollars a year on advertising.
              All the wasted time! Including mine to post this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavros Whissell View Post
                Websites show Sanja is indeed the Secretary for the HHCC. ...
                Incorrect, as Alex points out in a response to your post.

...Unfortunately, I have to question the professional nature of the decision to publically chastise Alex ...
                I don't know what you mean by "professional nature." I suspect this results from your miscue on Sanja's tenure as secretary of the HHCC. In any event, I agree that calling Alex out publicly was not the wisest decision. However, this is ChessTalk where people rightly or wrongly call each other out all the time. I suggest that Sanja's error is not a 'biggy' and doesn't need any further comment.

... I had a look at Sanja's website for HHCC at the following address:

http://harthouse.ca/about-us/sanja-vukosavljevic/ ...
                I clicked on your link and read Sanja's comments. She sounds like a very nice person; someone who took her job seriously and derived enjoyment from working closely with others. She sounds like a person I would like and respect. And that is why, when I read your post, I was totally mystified by your further comments, viz.:

... I caution people not to jump on board with someone who is so concerned to overturn the male dominance of chess.

It's a bit ridiculous to create enmity in the fashion Sanja clearly speaks to in the link.

I think this is the kind of anti-male agenda that we should not accept as the norm - anywhere.

Woman can do whatever they want, just stop trying to belittle men in the process.

Do not make a war where there is none.

... We should not support attacks like this that are meant to belittle men, as opposed to promote women. Its complete garbage.
                You need to justify the above attack on Sanja by showing readers where she said the things and/or espoused the attitudes you're claiming. Either that or you owe Sanja an apology. Where the hell do you get off constructing a convoluted bullshit attack on Sanja that doesn't relate to her comments at the link at all, imo?
                Last edited by Peter McKillop; Monday, 15th January, 2018, 01:25 PM.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Peter

I didn't waste my time reading your entire angry post. I don't need to justify anything to you. You are a leftist and support this garbage and the degradation of men then fine. I don't.

Comment

tldr for the derailment of this thread: a woman posts something Mavros Whissell disagrees with, so he reads up on her, makes wild assumptions about her politics, and starts ranting about her publicly. Then he accuses other people of victimhood while claiming that there's an "attack on men" going on. Oh, and he manages to condemn higher education in the same post that he fails to distinguish between then and than. So, you know, par for the course.

Sanja, you can ignore Whissell. In other threads, he's complained about the "attack on white people" and the "attack on Christians." I'm sure he's just itching to pen a screed about the "attack on straight people" next. The guy is not to be taken seriously.
                    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

See how quickly the target is shifted
                      You literally responded to a post about a student chess club that had no mention of politics or gender, and started ranting about leftist indoctrination and anti-male agendas. What's wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                        You literally responded to a post about a student chess club that had no mention of politics or gender, and started ranting about leftist indoctrination and anti-male agendas. What's wrong with you?
                        Make a real argument. Where is your master?

Comment

Make a real argument. Where is your master?
                          Is making a real argument just googling someone's name and then making up random conspiracy theories about them and their intentions? Well, if this is your Linkedin, then it looks like you work in a field involved in mining. In his campaign, Trump repeatedly talked about bringing back the coal industry. Coal comes from mines. I also noticed that in your profile, you don't mention women a single time. You are clearly a Trump pawn who is using alt-right propaganda tactics to create a world in which women no longer exist, and everybody is forced to work in the coal mines.

It's a bit ridiculous to create enmity in the fashion Mavros clearly speaks to in the link. I think that this is the kind of anti-female agenda that we should not accept as the norm - anywhere. You can do whatever you want; just stop trying to belittle women in the process. Do not make a war where there is none. I absolutely love and appreciate men who play chess without patronizing women. There are several strong players I have had the opportunity to lose badly to along the path to reaching master. More men in chess is a great thing - there is no imaginary war.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                            Is making a real argument just googling someone's name and then making up random conspiracy theories about them and their intentions? Well, if this is your Linkedin, then it looks like you work in a field involved in mining. In his campaign, Trump repeatedly talked about bringing back the coal industry. Coal comes from mines. I also noticed that in your profile, you don't mention women a single time. You are clearly a Trump pawn who is using alt-right propaganda tactics to create a world in which women no longer exist, and everybody is forced to work in the coal mines.

It's a bit ridiculous to create enmity in the fashion Mavros clearly speaks to in the link. I think that this is the kind of anti-female agenda that we should not accept as the norm - anywhere. You can do whatever you want; just stop trying to belittle women in the process. Do not make a war where there is none. I absolutely love and appreciate men who play chess without patronizing women. There are several strong players I have had the opportunity to lose badly to along the path to reaching master. More men in chess is a great thing - there is no imaginary war.
                            Wow neither original or funny.

Comment

The reason the left is always so weak is they can't form an argument well - as you have aptly shown. Once the micro-aggression tactic fails, you have to resort to name calling. When name calling doesn't work, now you have shown you switch to copy-cat tactics. Not a big surprise - this is just argument over: you lose. You can't make a point. Ben also has this terminal weakness in his argument structure. It's because you don't have reality on your side, as MacDonald bravely points out.

Comment

We are just a bunch of monkeys on a big blue spinning ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXEjoxxbXwM

Comment

Working...
                                X