Oakville Winter Open - Feb 2-4, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakville Winter Open - Feb 2-4, 2018

I can't find pairings, standings, etc, in the lower sections. If they are on Chess Results they are well hidden. Unless it's just me being an idiot, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      I can't find pairings, standings, etc, in the lower sections. If they are on Chess Results they are well hidden. Unless it's just me being an idiot, as usual.
      For some reason, chess results allows us to put in 3 sections only. Once we put the 4th section, it bumps the earlier one out.

Gary

Comment

From the Chess Results website: What to do when tournaments overwrite each other on chess-results.com?
        If for example the upload from group B overrides group A, then the tournaments have the same database key.

What to do
        •You can check the database key easy in Swiss-Manager. It can be found in the tournament dialog in sheet "other".
        •If the database key is really the same, then change the database key for example in Group B to 0 and save the tournament.
        •Upload the torunament to chess-results.com. Note: If the database key is 0 a new database-key is assigned from chess-results.com and saved in Swiss manager.

Comment

From the Chess Results website: What to do when tournaments overwrite each other on chess-results.com?
          If for example the upload from group B overrides group A, then the tournaments have the same database key.

What to do
          •You can check the database key easy in Swiss-Manager. It can be found in the tournament dialog in sheet "other".
          •If the database key is really the same, then change the database key for example in Group B to 0 and save the tournament.
          •Upload the torunament to chess-results.com. Note: If the database key is 0 a new database-key is assigned from chess-results.com and saved in Swiss manager.
          >>We are looking into it. Thanks for bringing this up.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
            >>We are looking into it. Thanks for bringing this up.

Gary
            Please find the following updates :

1. U1200 section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr3308...1&art=4&wi=821

2. U1500 section

3. U1800 section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330631.aspx?lan=1

4. U2100 section

5. Championship section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330615.aspx?lan=1

6. U900 section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330615.aspx?lan=1

Round 5 pairings coming up asap. Round starting at 4PM

Gary Hua

EMC

Comment

Thank you - all the links work, except the u900, which links to the Championship section.

Edit: Aha! Found it... u900 section http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330838.aspx?lan=1
              Last edited by John Coleman; Sunday, 4th February, 2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thank you - all the links work, except the u900, which links to the Championship section.

Edit: Aha! Found it... u900 section http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330838.aspx?lan=1
                All sections are important to us. No sections are more important than others.

We hear , listen and we respond.

Thanks

Gary Hua

Comment

Pairing for round 5

1. Championship section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr3306...=2&rd=5&wi=821

2. U2100 section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr3308...=2&rd=5&wi=821

3. U1800 section

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr3306...=2&rd=5&wi=821

4. U1500 section

5. U1200 section

6. U900 section

All sections are up.

Reminder - we are starting sharp 4PM

Gary Hua
                  Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 4th February, 2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

The u900 section is http://www.chess-results.com/tnr330838.aspx?lan=1

Comment

Hello,

A big congratulations to the "Elevate My Chess" team in running an excellent tournament:

- 185 players
                      - Big Hotel, great playing site, proximity to several food options, skittles spaces, water service, lounge spaces for parents and guests, lots of available free parking
                      - GO Train 200 metres away from playing site, for those who don't drive
                      - Rounds starting on-time. 5-10 minutes late on a couple of occasions that could not be avoided
                      - Two & Three days options, longer time controls for those who prefer it
                      - Proper advertising and coverage during the event. Photography, live games, etc...
                      - Many volunteers and staff on-site all the time

All of that while taking a chance at a different format of prizes distribution, fees structures, and combining 2 & 3 days options, which are not a common type of tournament in Canada. And... in a weekend tournament! And... as a first time organizers' team on such an ambitious project!

Thanks and Congrats to Gary Hua, Mikhail Egorov, Ken & family, all who ensured a very smooth tournament throughout. Kudos also to the arbiter Danny Goldenberg for making it all look easy. Well done.
                      I very much enjoyed playing in the Oakville Winter Open, and can only hope for more.

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
                        Hello,

A big congratulations to the "Elevate My Chess" team in running an excellent tournament:

- 185 players
                        - Big Hotel, great playing site, proximity to several food options, skittles spaces, water service, lounge spaces for parents and guests, lots of available free parking
                        - Rounds starting on-time. 5-10 minutes late on a couple of occasions that could not be avoided
                        - Proper advertising and coverage during the event. Photography, live games, etc...

All of that while taking a chance at a different format of prizes distribution, fees structures, and combining 2 & 3 days options, which are not a common type of tournament in Canada. And... in a weekend tournament! And... as a first time organizers' team on such an ambitious project!

Thanks and Congrats to Gary Hua, Mikhail Egorov, Ken & family, all who ensured a very smooth tournament throughout. Kudos also to the arbiter Danny Goldenberg for making it all look easy. Well done.
                        I very much enjoyed playing in the Oakville Winter Open, and can only hope for more.

Alex Ferreira
                        Ditto - great weekend chess-wise & social-wise!

Bob A

Comment

We will provide a summary of the tournament as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow evening.

Great turnout - 185 players and great comments from all the players.

Stay tuned

Gary Hua

Comment

We received this fantastic feedback on Oakville open on Monday morning ( Feb 5, 2018 )

" Yesterday my son competed at the Oakville Winter Open. I just want to take a moment to thank the organizers for such a wonderful experience! I must say it was the best tournament we've been to. From the great venue with white linen tables, plenty of sitting for the parents and free parking on sight, to the attention to such details as bright t-shirts on organizers/volunteers with "I can help" written on them -awesome idea!

Really appreciated quick check-in and prize presentation right after my son was done with the last game (no need to wait for hours for everyone to finish!!). The pairings were posted in several places, so people didn't have to fight each other to access them :) very orderly, just the way it has to be. Last but not least, Elevate My Chess provided healthy lunch options as oppose to the regular pizza. It was beautifully presented and delicious!

I can say a lot of work and effort went into organizing this event and it really did stand out from the other ones.
                            I would definitely recommend tournaments by Elevate My Chess to other players/chess parents.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next tournament!"

From one of the parent.

If you wish to provide feedback to our Oakville open, please send your comments to info@elevatemychess.com

We are very encouraged by the above feedback and there many positive feedback from parents and players.

We will definitely have our second tournament.

Stay tuned for our summary of the tournament and the results.

Results has been sent for CFC and FIDE rating updates. CFC latest rating will include this tournament ( I hope so ) and FIDE next update ( Mar 1, 2018 ) should reflect this tournament result.

Comment

We received this fantastic feedback on Oakville open on Monday morning ( Feb 5, 2018 )

" Yesterday my son competed at the Oakville Winter Open. I just want to take a moment to thank the organizers for such a wonderful experience! I must say it was the best tournament we've been to. From the great venue with white linen tables, plenty of sitting for the parents and free parking on sight, to the attention to such details as bright t-shirts on organizers/volunteers with "I can help" written on them -awesome idea!

Really appreciated quick check-in and prize presentation right after my son was done with the last game (no need to wait for hours for everyone to finish!!). The pairings were posted in several places, so people didn't have to fight each other to access them :) very orderly, just the way it has to be. Last but not least, Elevate My Chess provided healthy lunch options as oppose to the regular pizza. It was beautifully presented and delicious!

I can say a lot of work and effort went into organizing this event and it really did stand out from the other ones.
                              I would definitely recommend tournaments by Elevate My Chess to other players/chess parents.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next tournament!"

From one of the parent.

If you wish to provide feedback to our Oakville open, please send your comments to info@elevatemychess.com

We are very encouraged by the above feedback and there many positive feedback from parents and players.

We will definitely have our second tournament.

Stay tuned for our summary of the tournament and the results.

Results has been sent for CFC and FIDE rating updates. CFC latest rating will include this tournament ( I hope so ) and FIDE next update ( Mar 1, 2018 ) should reflect this tournament result.

Gary Hua

EMC
                              Last edited by Gary Hua; Tuesday, 6th February, 2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
                                Hello,

- 185 players

Alex Ferreira
                                Hi Alex,

Thanks for your kind words. It was definitely a lot of hard work and lots of preparation was done to ensure the success. Having said that, IA Danny Goldenberg and Mikhail Egorov made a lot of difference in making the tournament a huge success. Thanks so much to both of them in the operation of the 2.5 days event.

Comment

Working...
                                X