Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevate My Chess Canada Inc

Hi Chess Players / Chess Parents

Elevate My Chess Canada Inc is born in the middle of last year ( 2017 ). Time flies and now is already beginning of 2018

We are a Canadian based company founded by chess lovers who have now created a community for fellow chess lovers and those interested in learning more about the game of chess. Our goal is simple, we are in business to elevate your chess experience! Here is what you will expect from your interaction with our company:

Check us out on the link below :

https://elevatemychess.com/about/

Currently we are organizing 4 tournaments in the 1st quarter of 2018

1. Ontario Junior Chess Championship ( OJCC ) - Jan 27-28, 2018. Revived after a lapse of couple years. IA Danny Goldenberg is coming all the way from Montreal to arbiter the tournament.

2. Oakville Winter Open - Feb 2-4, 2018. A score based prize tournament and first in Canada. IA Danny Goldenberg is the person running the show. This is our maiden weekend tournament. We would love to see who gets the first perfect score. We welcome players of age to join us.

3. Ontario Girls U19 Chess Championship - Feb 24-25, 2018 which serves as a qualification to 2018 Susan Polgar Foundation Girls Invitational ( SPFGI ) and also CYCC in Quebec. Winner is provided travelling allowance of $ 500 subject to condition. FA Vadim Tsypin is coming all the way from Montreal to arbiter the tournament.

4. Mississauga CYCC qualifier - Feb 24-25, 2018 which serves as a CYCC qualifier to CYCC in Quebec July 1-5, 2018. Slow rated games ( CFC and FIDE rated for some sections ).

We will be organizing newer and better tournaments in the coming months. We are still learning the ropes and we promise we will get better from tournament to the next tournament. It is our promise to players and parents.

We would like to partner with other organizers to hold tournaments as well. Please write to us for us to discuss in details.

Do give us feedback after each tournament at the end of the tournament where the players will be asked to provide feedback. We constantly hear feedback and strive for improvements as much as we can.

Cheers to Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

EMC
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Monday, 8th January, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Re: Elevate My Chess Canada Inc

You've done excellent work so far. The playing conditions in Hart House, Guelph and Kitchener have been excellent. Our spaces have been better than I've seen in the US, although one thing I liked there was having a master in the skittles room to play through your game. Finding ways to learn from our losses is a way to elevate our chess. Or playing in elevators, or on the top floor - you must have an event in the CN Tower!

Comment

Re: Elevate My Chess Canada Inc

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      You've done excellent work so far. The playing conditions in Hart House, Guelph and Kitchener have been excellent. Our spaces have been better than I've seen in the US, although one thing I liked there was having a master in the skittles room to play through your game. Finding ways to learn from our losses is a way to elevate our chess. Or playing in elevators, or on the top floor - you must have an event in the CN Tower!
      As a matter of fact, if anyone wanted to experience a chess tournament that exceed expectations in US, you should try one chess tournament coming up this weekend organized by the Maryland Chess Association. Just google "Maryland Chess Association". Excellent organizers and playing venue, attractive prizes, live broadcasts of top boards in the Open Section, options on the number of days to play and re-entry, advance pairing texted and e-mailed, all rounds start on time, TD's will start your clock in your absence, free breakfast, almost everyone will be playing in wooden board and pieces and clocks are also provided and last but not the least you will be given a survey form before the last round starts for you to rate your experience on their chess tournament and organization to make it even better. All you have to do, is for you to find your board# where you are playing, set down, relax, enjoy and have fun! And before i forget to mention and salute Gary for bringing similar chess environment in Canada. Kudos!!!
      Last edited by Ferdinand Supsup; Monday, 8th January, 2018, 12:34 PM. Reason: Add more comments

Comment

Working...
      X