2018 Aurora Spring Open - details - March 24-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Aurora Spring Open - details - March 24-25

Your tournament is not an open yet you call it that. Just call it spring event. and you can do what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
      Your tournament is not an open yet you call it that. Just call it spring event. and you can do what you want.
      I think a distinction must be drawn:

1. using "Open" in the name of the tournament (As opposed to a "Closed/Invitational" tournament) - Egis seems OK on this in my view;

2. Using "Open" for the top section of the tournament, when it is not really open to all ratings to play in - Egis is using the term inaccurately in this case - Other organizers have used "Masters Section"; "Championship Section"; "Crown Section" - all these allow for a rating floor for the top section, as Egis has in his top section....I think he should change the section name.......

But......... it seems ordinary players couldn't really care less about semantics.....Aurora has mushroomed chess growth north of Toronto, both at the club and weekend tournament levels!

Bob A

Comment

We don't have yet a list of players who are not welcomed.
        The tournament is organized the way we want. When you'll hire one of us, then you could demand your way.

Though, the tournament in fall might have many changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          You're talking in a sense that it is the first my tournament with the OPEN section. Future/current GMs and IMs had no troubles with the section name.
          Let's have this argument closed because I don't know between who among us has comprehension issues. You can call your tournament any name you want but please avoid naming the top section "OPEN" Section when there are rating limitations. You can call it "EGIS Section" if you wish to remind of your lower limit of 2000. That way, everyone understood, it's not open for every player to join. Your organization team had excellent tournament history and reputation but sometimes you stand to be corrected when something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            We don't have yet a list of players who are not welcomed.
            The tournament is organized the way we want. When you'll hire one of us, then you could demand your way.

Though, the tournament in fall might have many changes.
            I was trying to help you but it seems that intelligence eludes you.

Comment

I was trying to help you but it seems that intelligence eludes you.
              That seems rather presumptuous doesn't it? You offered advice; it was declined - play in the tournament as advertised or don't.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                That seems rather presumptuous doesn't it? You offered advice; it was declined - play in the tournament as advertised or don't.
                Can't play I'm working. I've seen the site before. Little hard to get to from Brampton without a car.

Comment

I was trying to help you
                  Why do I need your such help?

Comment

You need far more help than you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                    X