The Litchfield family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Litchfield family....

I am cleaning up my Canadian database, and I have a question regarding the 1993 Canadian Open - held in London ON. The crosstable which appears in "En Passant" shows a "Litchfield, G". My database shows games played by "Litchfield, Glenn" in this event. My database shows other games played by "Glenn" in the London area in 1993 and 1994 - as well as some games in the Detroit area in 2003.

Then in addition - my database has about 100 games played by "Litchfield, Gerry" starting from 1993 to 2015.

My question is - is/was "Glenn" actually "Gerry" - or are they really two different people? "Gerry" appears on the rating list after the Open - no sign of "Glenn" (assuming he lived in Ontario).

Re: The Litchfield family....

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    I am cleaning up my Canadian database, and I have a question regarding the 1993 Canadian Open - held in London ON. The crosstable which appears in "En Passant" shows a "Litchfield, G". My database shows games played by "Litchfield, Glenn" in this event. My database shows other games played by "Glenn" in the London area in 1993 and 1994 - as well as some games in the Detroit area in 2003.

Then in addition - my database has about 100 games played by "Litchfield, Gerry" starting from 1993 to 2015.

My question is - is/was "Glenn" actually "Gerry" - or are they really two different people? "Gerry" appears on the rating list after the Open - no sign of "Glenn" (assuming he lived in Ontario).
    Gerry was the CFC Executive Director (and a very good one!) for many years. He is alive and well in South Western Ontario and is active in chess organization there. No idea if Glenn is the same person.

Comment

Working...
    X