Thanks to CFC President Vlad Drkulec and Treasurer Fred McKim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to CFC President Vlad Drkulec and Treasurer Fred McKim

Who attended a conference in Halifax recently: http://canadiansporttourism.com/spor...-congress.html

Vlad has given the Chess'n Math Association a couple of interesting leads!

Much appreciated!

Larry

Re: Thanks to CFC President Vlad Drkulec and Treasurer Fred mcKim

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Who attended a conference in Halifax recently: http://canadiansporttourism.com/spor...-congress.html

Vlad has given the Chess'n Math Association a couple of interesting leads!

Much appreciated!

Larry
    There should be a few more leads for CMA, FQE, Alberta Chess Association, BC Chess Federation, and the Nova Scotia and other Atlantic federations. Fred and I will be contacting many of you over the next few days and weeks. We also met with a number of providers of hotel rooms and accommodations. It will probably take months to sort everything out but it was an exciting four days from the point of view of sponsorship for chess in Canada.

We met with 25 municipalities in formal speed dating format and probably almost as many in other workshops and events. There was a lot of interest in the CFC. I don't think anyone else had two tables at the speed dating.
    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 12th March, 2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Re: Thanks to CFC President Vlad Drkulec and Treasurer Fred McKim

Aside from my time and Fred's time the conference did not cost the CFC or ourselves a thing as the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance (CSTA) paid for our flights and hotel rooms. I was very encouraged by the level of interest in chess events. Now we have to match communities with organizers.

Comment

Re: Thanks to CFC President Vlad Drkulec and Treasurer Fred mcKim

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        There should be a few more leads for CMA, FQE, Alberta Chess Association, BC Chess Federation, and the Nova Scotia and other Atlantic federations. Fred and I will be contacting many of you over the next few days and weeks. We also met with a number of providers of hotel rooms and accommodations. It will probably take months to sort everything out but it was an exciting four days from the point of view of sponsorship for chess in Canada.

We met with 25 municipalities in formal speed dating format and probably almost as many in other workshops and events. There was a lot of interest in the CFC. I don't think anyone else had two tables at the speed dating.
        We had meetings with people from every province (except my home PEI). We also met with airlines, hoteliers, and Universities. They are all looking for partnerships.

Comment

Working...
        X