Chess Federation of Canada ... no bio for Agnieszka Matras-Clement???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Federation of Canada ... no bio for Agnieszka Matras-Clement???

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    Vlad, I think that "this individual" and "he" refers to Neil, but I could be wrong.
    I was referring to Neil. There was some pleasant silence from him and the other trolls for a while. Currently I am preoccupied with matching cities with local organizers based on the results of our meetings in Halifax. For some of the cities I need to make multiple introductions and first I need to find the lay of the local land.

There was a very sensible suggestion from a book I read which suggested that them who make the suggestion that involves work be assigned the task to complete that work. We know that will never work with Neil as there is little indication that he is even able to bring a chess task to completion.

If Neil is so brilliant where is his $20,000 sponsorship for chess. He seems to whine a lot about the $60,000 we didn't get in part because we were slow off the mark in organizing the norm tournaments. That's life. Opportunities are ephemeral and slip away when financial circumstances change. Right now there seem to be much more sponsorship on the table than ever and pardon me if I focus on that.

Comment

FYI Vlad - there was nothing we could have done to get the $60k that we didn't already try. Our preparedness for the norm tournaments was not the issue at all. No money no events. End of story. We had organizers like the ACA inquiring and ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
        FYI Vlad - there was nothing we could have done to get the $60k that we didn't already try. Our preparedness for the norm tournaments was not the issue at all. No money no events. End of story. We had organizers like the ACA inquiring and ready to go.
        That is actually good to know. I remember that I was pushing for a quick turnaround on the first tournaments but I guess these things take a while to put together.

Comment

Actually we (Canadian tournament chess) owe a big thank you to David Cohen for all his hard work and providing all the material for biographies and much more. I could be wrong (and would be happy to be corrected) but I dont think he is doing that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            Actually we (Canadian tournament chess) owe a big thank you to David Cohen for all his hard work and providing all the material for biographies and much more. I could be wrong (and would be happy to be corrected) but I dont think he is doing that anymore.
            You're right Hans. Most of the original bio material came from David's site. We had a contract with him to make use of it. I made a lot of updates and cleaning up of the data for the first year of our web site. Since then, it's been up to the Executive Director, who has a lot of other duties. I would suggest that anyone who want to provide a bio for a missing GM / IM / FM (and Women's equivalent) send it to the CFC and it will be put up.

Comment

Working...
            X