When is next CFC Magazine Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is next CFC Magazine Coming

I was just wondering when the next issue is due?

Re: When is next CFC Magazine Coming

I don't read the CFC magazine, I am more interested in current events. The CCN on the CFC website at the moment is called 2017-L8 (late?), and appears to be mostly about 2016 events.

Comment

It's probably time to consider spending the money elsewhere.
      The CFC office, for example, could use some more manpower.
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
        It's probably time to consider spending the money elsewhere.
        The CFC office, for example, could use some more manpower.
        One problem with that idea is that the online magazine (even with the random publishing schedule) is one of the very FEW "benefits" there is for joining the CFC.

The only other benefit is the ability to play in CFC-rated events and thereby have a CFC rating.

Considering the variability of the online magazine delivery* it seems that the magazine sub product HAS to change in some or many ways.
        Just ditching it without a replacement piece of candy is not a sensible option.

I absolutely agree that the CFC Office (Bob) needs some way to offload some of his duties to another (part-time?) paid person...
        Managing all of this with almost 100% volunteer manpower is pretty much impossible.

I do not know of a good plan going forward; as usual in these situations, the 'do nothing' case seems to win out.

*(I have no real complaints about the quality of the content - it is decent but material is not to be mistaken for nor intended to be 'breaking news'
        and we all can imagine the difficulty there is in gathering articles etc)
        Last edited by Kerry Liles; Friday, 16th March, 2018, 10:42 AM. Reason: added additional info about 'breaking news'
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I did get a contact from a group that runs memberships, websites and club sites which seemed to have some reasonable pricing. It seems to me they also offer a reasonably priced payment system which would allow payments for tournaments and club memberships. I have contacted them and will probably follow up once I have finished the preliminary contact with each of the municipalities we met with from the CSTA conferences and meetings. They have signed up a few chess organizations in the ECU.

http://www.gomembership.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            I did get a contact from a group that runs memberships, websites and club sites which seemed to have some reasonable pricing. It seems to me they also offer a reasonably priced payment system which would allow payments for tournaments and club memberships. I have contacted them and will probably follow up once I have finished the preliminary contact with each of the municipalities we met with from the CSTA conferences and meetings. They have signed up a few chess organizations in the ECU.

http://www.gomembership.co.uk/
            Now back to the topic: "When is next CFC Magazine Coming"?

Comment

I wonder what the editor has to say about the magazine schedule. Maybe the Prez should ask.

Comment

Working...
              X