Breaking News: At this point it looks like CT will continue under new ownership!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: At this point it looks like CT will continue under new ownership!

Needless to say, I am pleased!

We have received a reasonable offer and are awaiting an e-transfer to confirm the deal!

Once we have received payment, we will make the announcement here.

Larry

CT lives on!

I am happy to announce that we have concluded a deal with a fellow who lives in the Greater Toronto Area. I will give more details over the weekend.

Comment

Re: Breaking News: At this point it looks like CT will continue under new ownership!

I wonder if the new owner will be hostile or not to non chess related topics!

Comment

Re: Breaking News: At this point it looks like CT will continue under new ownership!

Very happy to hear this! The board has been a vital part of Canada's chess scene since its inception, and contains an enormously valuable archive of Canadian chess history on numerous topics. It's certainly been an important part of my chess experience! Best wishes going forward!! :)

Comment

Breaking News: At this point it looks like CT will continue under new ownership!

March 31, 2018

Well said, Frank!

I have spent two days copying CT threads as pdfs and I am exhausted. Hope I will never have to refer to them now.

Comment

Hi Wayne and Frank,

I totally agree!

The new owner is Henry Lam from Scarborough, Ontario. I do not know him personally but based on the questions he is asking, I think ChessTalk will get better over the next year. As with all bright people, he does not intend to make any changes for the time being. He will assess the situation and then move forward. Which means that our advertising policy will remain intact for now.

It will take us a few weeks to make the transfer, so in the meantime, I will handle issues on this board until the transition is complete.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              Hi Wayne and Frank,

I totally agree!

The new owner is Henry Lam from Scarborough, Ontario. I do not know him personally but based on the questions he is asking, I think ChessTalk will get better over the next year. As with all bright people, he does not intend to make any changes for the time being. He will assess the situation and then move forward. Which means that our advertising policy will remain intact for now.

It will take us a few weeks to make the transfer, so in the meantime, I will handle issues on this board until the transition is complete.

Larry
              Great news! I would suggest that this thread deserves a 'sticky' since it is perhaps the most important news...
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
              X