Recent threads not updating on newsfeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent threads not updating on newsfeed

I'm not sure if others have noticed, but threads are not moving to the top of the newsfeed when commented on. I was waiting for news regarding Hal's tournament in a couple of weeks, but the thread showed no indication of having been updated on the newsfeed. It was only upon clicking the thread near the bottom of the page that I discovered Hal had indeed posted yesterday, confirming the venue of the event. I replied to his post, but on the newsfeed it still shows his thread on the bottom of the page, claiming that the latest post was made days prior.

Perhaps this is a technical error resulting from the latest maintenance done on the site? Or was this done intentionally to prevent threads from being bumped? I can hardly see the latter being the case.

If organizers are paying to have their tournaments advertised, it is only just that they receive their fair share of publicity, and currently this does not seem possible. Someone enlighten me!

Zach

Re: Recent threads not updating on newsfeed

Same problem here. My reply (to this thread) as of 8:27 PM EDT doesn't appear in the list of threads.

Comment

Larry B. wrote on the CFC board that here was some problems with updates etc, and the site was put on a maintenance mode. Then the helper was convinced to put site online in whatever status it was. Thus, as you see it does not function properly.

Even "New Posts" does not show new posts...

Comment

Larry B. wrote on the CFC board that here was some problems with updates etc, and the site was put on a maintenance mode. Then the helper was convinced to put site online in whatever status it was. Thus, as you see it does not function properly.

Even "New Posts" does not show new posts...

Comment

Recent threads not updating on newsfeed

April 15, 2018

Two days ago I posted an update to �U.S. Championships 2018 St. Louis�. The update did not jump to Page 1 but stayed on Page 8. Further manipulation of my post produced a duplicate which I madly tried to erase.

In my view, this site is still broken.

1) The fen diagram feature has not worked for more than a year and all the boards posted in the past ten years are no long visible.

2) The formatting feature for bold, underline and italics in posts has not worked for a long time

3) In some of my posts, the apostrophe and the dash appear as black diamonds in the preview and have to be corrected

It is good that the viruses have been removed from the site but major work needs to be done so that we can post easily as in the past.

If this doesn�t post properly, or in duplicate or not at all, I won�t be surprised.

Comment

I had just assumed nobody had commented on this post, until I checked it today and saw it had several replies.

Hopefully this problem is resolved soon so discussions and tournament advertising can resume.

Comment

Working...
            X