Video of the 2009 Canadian Zonal -rounds 2,3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the 2009 Canadian Zonal -rounds 2,3

Here is an amateur video to show the players in the current Canadian Zonal Championships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtuqJx1rhM

Re: Video of the 2009 Canadian Zonal -rounds 2,3

Most players seem to have Monroi. Also a scoresheet. And yet, I get no games from the tournament.

Really, I would be following the games avidly.

Btw, it is not a video I would show to my girlfriend, if I had one. AH! the chess world.

Comment

Most of the games have been posted by Chris Mallon on http://www.chesscanada.info/forum .

Either he or I will post a collection of all available games (I can't seem to find them anywhere on the Monroi site - although Chris' "Source" field shows "Monroi".)

Comment

Hi Hugh:

It would be interesting to know the exact contract entered into between Hal and MonRoi. It seems they are collecting the games through their hand-held managers, but are not broadcasting them. Was this considered worthwhile ( immediate pgn. without having to manually enter games from scoresheets ) by Hal and did he pay less for this? Or is MonRoi doing this, and the website advertising as a sponsor? Just curious if anyone knows.

Bob

Comment

I don't know this for sure but who ever said there WAS a contract with Monroi?
          Christopher Mallon
          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Hi Chris:

I meant there would be a contract if MonRoi was being paid for the service they are providing. If they are a sponsor, then that is different.

Also, I thought Hal and Patrick had their own MonRoi devices. Do you know if the ones being used are theirs, or are they being supplied by MonRoi?

Bob

Comment

I believe MonRoi is providing the website for free, there is no contract. For live broadcast you would need MonRoi's other hardware and software.

Comment

The MonRoi devices in use are owned by Hal and Me. :)

We are using them to collect the games. Unfortunately, I could not afford the time off work to use our Hub in order to communicate with the MonRoi devices and transmit to the MonRoi site live.

I do apologize, but unfortunately, real life still happens.:(
                ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Comment

That's right. Patrick. I have thought so prior to first round! This explains the lack of live games transmission on Mon-Roi website.
                  :)

Comment

That is a good one.

Though, I'm not a volunteer, so I may not appreciate.

Keep it up.
                    Last edited by Steve Bolduc; Friday, 14th August, 2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X