Ladies where are you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies where are you ?

There are not enough women registered in the Montreal Open Championship 2009. Only 12%!!!

We ask everybody to send this message to a female chess player that you know.

Where are the Dinara Khasiyeva, Diane Mongeau, Svetla Vassileva, the young players enrolled in Chess'n Math school program ? Of the 101 currently registered players we only have 12 women : A=1 ; B=2 ; C=6 ; D=3. See our list of player here.

Ladies, enrol soon and benefit from the sponsorship of Goddesschess Partnership (www.goddesschess.com ; www.goddesschess.blogspot.com) who offers the first ladies' prize in Section B 45 $ ; Section C 35 $ ; Section D 25 $. Come and show us that you have talent !
    In order to get more participation from women and girls the Montreal Championship team had decided that all women from wherever they come
    (Quebec, Ontario etc.) are eligible to a 10 $ rebate no matter when they enrol, including on the tournament site September 11.
    This is an exceptional promotion offer. It is up to you ladies to make your chess move now and enrol !

You can find our add here

To register immediatly click here.

Montreal Open Chess Championship 2009
    www.championnatdemontreal.mine.nu
    championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
    Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Saturday, 15th August, 2009, 10:51 AM.

Re: Ladies where are you ?

There are not enough women registered in the Montreal Open Championship 2009. Only 12%!!!
    There are not enough players rated over 2000 registered either. :)

This year (to date): 13.
    Last year's Montreal Open: 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      There are not enough players rated over 2000 registered either. :)

This year (to date): 13.
      Last year's Montreal Open: 25.
      This presentation of numbers is not exact...

We have 22 players in section A this year already registered and 3 anonymous ones over 2000 that want us to wait to be announce. This make already 25 players in section A at 27 days of Montreal Open Chess Championship!

On august 15 we have 111 pre-registered players. Last year we had 48 on September 4!!! On the list of 48 of last year there was not yet 25 players rated over 2000. Since our price reduction for early registration target other players, we shoud wait until september 11 to make comparison.

See our post on Chesstalk last year with this link here.

We will continue to target women and children for the next years no matter the pressure there is.

Montreal Open Championship
      championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
      Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Saturday, 15th August, 2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Re : Ladies where are you ?

I don't want to contradict you, but I do see 13 players of 2000+... I don't see how could there be 22 players with a rating above 2000 if there is only 20 players in the first section.

But I'm sure there will probably be more players than last year. And as it have been a good tournament last year, most of these 25 players will probably be come this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Championnat de Montréal View Post
          ...we should wait until september 11...
          We will continue to target women and children for the next years...

Wow.
          How do you spell FBI? :D

Comment

hahahaahaha

Comment

What is the point if you find the better part of humanity funny.

Comment

Working...
              X