Still no Quebec Open submission to the CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no Quebec Open submission to the CFC

The Quebec Open ended on July 25, and as of August 12 the FQE had not yet submitted the results to the CFC for rating.

I contacted the FQE almost two weeks ago by phone to enquire about this, and the person I spoke with told me there was an issue surrounding CFC memberships for some of the players in section B (U2400). The issue also created concern about FIDE ratings for the B section.

I sent an e-mail requesting an update to the FQE on August 12, and to date I have received no response.

Does anyone know when the FQE will submit Quebec Open results to the CFC for rating?

Thanks...
    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Re: Still no Quebec Open submission to the CFC

I have received a reply from the FQE...
    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

And ... what is that reply about .........., Jordan??
      :)

Comment

As a Quebec governor, I have been asked by several people as to the status of the CFC ratings of the Quebec Open (and subsequently - the FIDE ratings as well). It's been a month since the event ended.

Can someone enlighten us as to what's going on?

a) Has a rating report been received?
        b) Have all fees been paid?
        c) Etc.?

Comment

Gerry Litchfield told me in an e-mail last week that the CFC received the crosstables last week, however not in SwissSys format. The fee would be $5 per player for crosstables that are not in SwissSys format, as opposed to $3 which is what the FQE sent.

Gerry had sent an e-mail back to the FQE to ask that they submit the results again in SwissSys format, or pay the $2 per player difference. He had not yet received a response, so I gave him Louis Morin's address since I usually get a speedy reply whenever I e-mail him. Sending to info@fqechecs... has never yielded any response.

I will look later today on the CFC website to see if the tournament is rated. If not, I will follow up again via e-mail.

Gerry did confirm that all subsequent tournaments will be re-rated in date order. Therefore, the ratings for the Canadian Closed and at least one other tournament will be re-rated once the Quebec Open is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
            Gerry Litchfield told me in an e-mail last week that the CFC received the crosstables last week, however not in SwissSys format. The fee would be $5 per player for crosstables that are not in SwissSys format, as opposed to $3 which is what the FQE sent.

Gerry had sent an e-mail back to the FQE to ask that they submit the results again in SwissSys format, or pay the $2 per player difference. He had not yet received a response, so I gave him Louis Morin's address since I usually get a speedy reply whenever I e-mail him. Sending to info@fqechecs... has never yielded any response.

I will look later today on the CFC website to see if the tournament is rated. If not, I will follow up again via e-mail.

Gerry did confirm that all subsequent tournaments will be re-rated in date order. Therefore, the ratings for the Canadian Closed and at least one other tournament will be re-rated once the Quebec Open is done.
            For my personal inderstanding. What are the total cost for this FQE tournament to get the CFC rating?

Did the players had to pay the CFC membership?
            Does FQE has to share membership fees with CFC?
            Or is it only 5$ per player and that is it?

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Bilodeau View Post
              For my personal inderstanding. What are the total cost for this FQE tournament to get the CFC rating?

Did the players had to pay the CFC membership?
              Does FQE has to share membership fees with CFC?
              Or is it only 5$ per player and that is it?

Carl
              Hi Carl,

From my recollection of Gerry Litchfeld's e-mail, the cost is $5 per player if the crosstables are sent in a format other than SwissSys, or $3 per player for SwissSys format. I don't recall reading anything regarding memberships for any of the players.

My understanding is that all players, be they members or non-members, will benefit from a rating update, however only active members will be able to see their ranking on the national list. Someone (Hugh Brodie?) please correct me if I'm wrong.

My only question at this point is what the FIDE regulations are regarding a first rating. All eight of my Québec Open opponents are FIDE rated, so I would be interested in knowing if I will also get a rating. I'll follow up with the CFC about that at a later date...

Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                From my recollection of Gerry Litchfeld's e-mail, the cost is $5 per player if the crosstables are sent in a format other than SwissSys, or $3 per player for SwissSys format. I don't recall reading anything regarding memberships for any of the players.
                There is a requiremet that all players should be CFC members, otherwise non-members must purchase "a tournament membership". The same holds for the FIDE ratings, if the tournament is submitted by the CFC (and only the CFC can do that for Canadian tournaments.) The rating fee structures are different for the CFC and FIDE.

Comment

There is usally some sort of (written? unwritten?) agreement between the FQE and the CFC for the Quebec Open (top two sections) and the Outaouais Open (top section) in which the memberships are treated equally - i.e. you are considered a member to both organizations if you are a member in at least one of them. You would receive ratings from both organizations - but only the benefits (i.e. magazine) from the organization(s) for which you had paid a membership fee.

There would be very few (if any) Canadians who played in either of these events (CFC-rated sections) who were not a member (or with a recently expired membership) of either organization, for which tournament memberships might be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                    There is usally some sort of (written? unwritten?) agreement between the FQE and the CFC for the Quebec Open (top two sections) and the Outaouais Open (top section) in which the memberships are treated equally
                    Good to know. Maybe you remember how old is this agreement?

Comment

Maybe you remember how old is this agreement?
                      I think it's re-negotiated every year.

Comment

The Quebec Open is now rated!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X