Larry, I'm close to begging :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry, I'm close to begging :(

Larry, you are the man, but I respectfully submit that continuing with 2 boards is hurting the people who use the boards the most, as we check up and participate on both of them.

Please gracefully shut down one or the other, and transfer everyone over to the other one.

I believe you should keep this new board, and in time, everyone will appreciate how much faster it is to check in on. Maybe Chris would send all old members an explanatory email?

Thanks for hearing me out.

Best regards, Aris.

Re: Larry, I'm close to begging :(

Hi Aris,

This is my position. While I think the new board is superior, the majority of our English members prefer the old board while the majority of our French members prefer the new board.

I have over the last few weeks taken measures which reflect this. If you click on ChessTalk in French (ChessTalk.com) you will go directly to the new board while if you do the same thing in English you will go to the old board...personally I use to use the same philosophy as Hugh...new messages on the new board and replies to messages on the old board are made on the old board. I have now reversed this.

Bottom line...our English clientele prefers the old board. The only way I will change the emphasis to the new board in English is if more people sign up for the new board...and they start using it!

Sincerely,

Larry

Comment

Working...
    X