We found the girls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We found the girls!

We've found the girls! They will be where the competition, titles and conditions are: the Montreal Open Championship 2009! :)

Contact today a chess female player you know and send her the information that she will not be alone.

The website Morocco-Chess discovered our announcement of the participation of Moroccan champion Zahira El Ghab (WF) on Facebook. They then underline her return to competition by a story.

She will make her comeback to chess competitioin in the Open Championship in Montreal for the quest of the title "Female Champion of Montreal" and the certificate. This will be her first tournament in Canada!

Here is the web page of the report in question: google translation en english, and here original french version.

Zahira El Ghabi (WF)

She is 2 times champion of Morocco Adults (2002 and 2003), Champion Arabian under-18 (2001) and gold medalist in the Olympics in Istanbul in 2000
    (Here is an article a Facebook friend sent to us : http://www.anusha.com/medalwin.htm).

Do not miss the comments from websurfers at the bottom of their story. We copy one here:

I am grateful to Mr Kariouch interest to our champions, Zahira El Ghab fatherless since her young age was introduced to chess at the school Inzegane under the leadership of Mustapha Marhoum since 2002 she defended the colors Tihad of Sport, 2003 she won the double (league Morocco's junior and senior) in 2004 has been aligned with the men's club team during the second phase hosted by Marrakech, it was successful, the same year in September 2004 during the Pan Arab Games held in Algiers has defended as it should be the national flag with his teammates Bahji Hind, Leila and Sanae ELAMRI they beat the formidable team of the Iraq led by Imane Rafii (2nd in classification), and is void against the winner of Algeria trophy and were finally classified third at the medal table. Since her marriage three years ago about nothing is heard of her. I therefore take this opportunity offered by our friend Kariouch, wishing him all the happiness she desires in her married life and also wish him good return to the board and good results INCHALLAH.

Thanks to our sponsor www.goddesschess.com for chess promotion among women.

Montreal Open Chess Championship
    www.championnatdemontreal.mine.nu
    championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
    Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Wednesday, 26th August, 2009, 08:06 AM.

Re: We found the girls!

Welcome to Canada! Good to see chess alive and well in Morocco.

I'd sure like to be there & wear my snazy new belt buckle I just got off ebay that arrived today. :)
    Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 26th August, 2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Re : We found the girls!

The female Moroccan Zahira El Ghab (WF) was not with us this year. On the phone when registering we had a passionate on the line and probably a rising star for chess in Quebec among women. She was preparing for her first tournament since the pause she started on her marriage three years ago.

We understand that often women and girls for family reasons can not participate. We will continue the promotion of chess among women and encourage them to follow their passion beyond the pitfalls.

We hope to have you with us next year. Your registration will be free of charge.

Montreal Open Chess Championship
      www.championnatdemontreal.mine.nu
      championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
      Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X