Chess In Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess In Space

Maybe some of you recall me joking about my chess organization, The Inner Galactic Chess Federation. I never really expected events to be played by anyone not on this planet.

I was reading a post on the correspondence message board you might find interesting. It was written by Per Soderbeg of Sweden. Some of you might find it interesting.

"Dear friends,
    Right now Discovery Space Shuttle is about to be launched out in outer space to assist the ISS Space Station. On board the Swedish austronaut Christer Fuglesang is playing a corresponcence chess game against the readers of the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter.

Christer was actually one of my pupils in the chess club where I was a junior leader in the seventies, so I have know him for more than 35 years. And he is doing well against the readers.
    Tomorrow 25 Aug the Shuttle is scheduled to be launched. And so far Christer has sent his move while waiting for take off. But from Wedneysday the moves will be played from the space station.
    Unfortunately everything is in Swedish but you can still follow the game here:

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/vetenskap/s...esang-1.844628

Best, Per"
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM
Working...
X