Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A New CFC Discussion Board

Hi Chris:

As Kerry said earlier in this thread ( I think it was here ), the CFC has bigger problems currently than not having its own discussion board.

But in terms of member service, I think a discussion board would enhance member support of the CFC.

So I am willing to donate $ 40 to the CFC :) , so long as it is spent on the setting up and maintaining of the CFC Discussion Board for the first year. Could I ask you Chris to stick handle this issue inside the CFC and get the Executive to authorize bringing the new board back to life, on the condition I donate the $ 40?

Bob

Comment

Re: A New CFC Discussion Board

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      NOOO, don't do it! ... I only want this one message board! (I'm banned on the dark one)
      Hehe, there is another chess-math board-news:
      http://members4.boardhost.com/chess-math

Comment

Re: A New CFC Discussion Board - Moving Forward !

Chris Mallon has now got the OK from CFC President David Lavin to go ahead and revive the CFC Discussion Board :) , on the condition I donate the $ 40 needed for the first year of operation of the board. Apparently the Executive will discuss their views on the use of the board ( not sure what that meant ). I am now in the process of arranging the donation.

I have also asked Chris to look into the issue of liability insurance for CFC for the board ( raised initially by Jonathan Berry ). This could be a potential cost that would derail the initiative. I'm waiting to hear back from Chris. I'll keep you posted.

Bob

Comment

CFC discussion board

Do we really need two discussion boards?

Comment

Re: CFC discussion board - Why Have One?

Hi John:

I see the issue as building a new image for the CFC. :)

It is abysmal that the CFC, as a national organization, does not even have its own members' discussion board, and that it cribs for free off a CMA board. :(

We want the CFC to be the " home " of chess discussion in this country ( no slight to Larry, and thanks for allowing us refugees to use this board ). The CFC is to promote chess in Canada, and its own discussion board is a major addition to its arsenal of promotion activities.

Bob

Comment

Re: Victory is ours!

I see the new executive is using a decision making process similar to the old one.

Comment

Re: Who Runs the CFC Anyway??

I think the governors have to organize themselves into a close-knit collective to protect themselves and their powers !! If they RUN the organization, this should not be a problem.

Bob

Comment

As gracious as you $40 offer is Bob, my point is we don't make decisions on the fly based on the funding becoming available.

Comment

Re: CFC Discussion Board - Who Runs the CFC Anyway??

Hi Ken:

Well...it appears the CFC did in this case!!

If the governors are not in favour, they know what to do.

Bob

Comment

WHY a separate board for the CFC?

All the CFC needs to do is create a LINK to ChessTalk! A new board would be typical of past mistakes on the part of the CFC. Not every chess activity in Canada has to fall under the wise:) decision-making of CFC governors.
                      Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Wednesday, 30th July, 2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Look Bob. You just lobbied, boycotted etc. to ensure that the New Chess talk would be the only Chess talk. As the title of this thread says Victory is Yours. Then you turn around and provide the funding to resuccitate a never successful forum that no one is clamouring for. Seems to me that you are undermining your first campaign for a unified focussed discussion board by your donation. And the band played on...

Comment

Working...
                        X