RFP: CFC Outsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFP: CFC Outsourcing

The deadline has passed. Has the committee received any proposal?

Re: RFP: CFC Outsourcing

I have been advised that the FQE has submitted a bid for outsourcing the CFC rating system and the website. But this must be confirmed and I have no details ( obviously since the matter is being dealt with at this point by the Governors privately ).

Bob

Comment

First I've heard of it ;)

I have to say though, that accepting that bid would only make sense as part of a large reform package. Doing that and nothing else won't really accomplish anything. So if we didn't get any bids on anything else (I haven't heard either way) ......
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

The CMA has also submitted a bid for this. I understand that there are 4 or 5 bids...but this is heresay and may be incorrect.

I don't expect we will hear anything from the committee for at least a couple of weeks...and...I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is on the table at the annual meeting in July.

Comment

We've received 5 proposals by the deadline.

Comment

It's good to hear that the RFP has received interests of different groups (companies?), and the Committee will have a job to look through and choose the bests :)

Comment

Don't forget that a perfectly valid outcome (but not one I would like to see) is that none of the proposals is accepted. No one has indicated one way or another, but some of the proposals may have been for just part or parts of the outsourcing. Mixing and matching parts from various bidders might be quite a complex thing to attempt.

I hope that at least one and hopefully more than one proposal was for the management of the entire enchilada...and that a 'winner' can be selected from that set of proposals.

I guess we will have to wait and see.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Outsourcing is not necessarily a panacea. It depends on the item being outsourced, and how it will fit into the whole. It depends on whether it will in fact be cheaper. And there is some benefit sometimes in keeping control over something. Best of luck to the committee.

Comment

Working...
                X