Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Mallon: More Questions

Sorry to be a pest, Chris, but....:

1. Who was(were) the OCA Treasurer(s) during THE THORVARDSON YEARS?

2. Are you or the current Treasurer in possession of the OCA's historical bank statements and do you have all of the bank statements for THE THORVARDSON YEARS?

3. Were the proceeds from the Trillium grant deposited to the OCA's bank account?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Chris Mallon: More Questions

According to the Chessontario website (which has many broken links), the treasurer for the year ending 30 March 2007 was Jim Ferrier.

Comment

I have a large number of bank statements and old cheques. Do I have them all? It's hard to tell at this point. We will be going through them. I will look into your other questions when I get back home on Friday or Saturday (I live in London during the week).
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Thanks, Chris. I know you know why I'm asking but, for those who don't, if the Trillium grant proceeds were deposited to the OCA's bank account and subsequently disbursed from that account via properly signed cheques (presumably two to sign, e.g. Treas. & Pres., as is the case for many voluntary associations) then: a) this would appear to be a point in Barry Thorvardson's favour because the procedure is in line with normal business practice; b) the purposes for which the funds were used should be traceable.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
          b) the purposes for which the funds were used should be traceable.
          The large sum has gone probably as a salary. Check the OCA treasure's report:
          "Salaries and Wages – York Region Program $44,000 $47,000"
          Program costs: York Region $ 7,617 $ 7,586
          http://www.chessontario.com/oca-2007...ers-report.htm

Comment

Working...
          X